Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 11:04:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky idea.  (Read 3870 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:16:54 AM »

So, Mythruna's setting is that of a world which was fragmented into different realities, roughly, right?

The terrain of each world is unique, but I was thinking. .. Perhaps the skies could be subject to the same principle of uniqueness. Now, I'm not saying that the sky or time format should change functionally, but rather, the qualities of astral bodies should be randomized. For example, one world of mythruna may have two suns while another has a large moon with a lesser moon following it in orbit. Or perhaps one world has a red giant for a sun while another has a young, blue star.

A system for suns may function simply as a gradient defined as heat that functions like an rgb color strip or simply as a point in an rgb matrix. This would change the sun's halo, of course, but would also affect the appearance of moons and may also slightly tint the sky and shift the sunlight map.

This has the added bonus of allowing server owners and even singleplayer users to tailor the environment to fit the desired theme of their world, should it be customizable. It is also an easy way to decorate for holidays.

Again, it is just an idea ebag and i were talking about and thought were pretty cool.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:58:47 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »

More suns = more than one main light source = EXTREMELY difficult.  Actually, the engine can't really do it.  I'd have to rewrite it.

Note: the stars are already unique per world... but there is only one sun and one moon and I have no plans to change that (see above).
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »

More suns = more than one main light source = EXTREMELY difficult.  Actually, the engine can't really do it.  I'd have to rewrite it.

Note: the stars are already unique per world... but there is only one sun and one moon and I have no plans to change that (see above).

Oh, no, I meant like adjacent to eachother. If suns and moons were just haphazardly placed about, that'd be a mess. Consider it more like the possibility of the sun or moon having an additional star or moon like satellite. Smiley

Things like these twin stars(which are actually quite common in solar systems):

Coupled with recoloring of astral bodies, you can make a truly alien planet that has a completely different atmosphere from what we think is a normal environment.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:08:49 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: