Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:33:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Mythruna RP Handbook (Major WIP)[Not related to the actual game]  (Read 83321 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »

Note: I don't know if you already have a game system you are using for your RP stuff... and frankly I don't even know what the current good ones are.

However, recently the company behind the Dragon Age (non-computer) role playing games has genericized their system for use as a basis for other systems.  Looks like it's not out until May I guess: http://greenronin.com/blog/2015/01/19/green-ronin-in-2015/  (scroll down to "Fantasy Age")

I'm kind of working off of what I know here. No outside systems are being referenced thus far... But I'll probably have to take a look at something like that eventually. Thanks for the link, and the reminder that I should study up on the existing systems out there.

It's supposed to be one of the easier ones to pick up and still stay out of the way in story telling.  It's the basis of the game Wil Wheaton is using for his RPG show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4Er6gDch9Lc#t=77

I don't know if it translates well to forum play but it sounds cool on the surface... in the video he also mentions some other good ones.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »

It's supposed to be one of the easier ones to pick up and still stay out of the way in story telling.  It's the basis of the game Wil Wheaton is using for his RPG show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4Er6gDch9Lc#t=77

I don't know if it translates well to forum play but it sounds cool on the surface... in the video he also mentions some other good ones.

We'll see what happens, I suppose. I don't want to impose reading on people that I wouldn't read myself, so I'll probably keep what I can custom and concise. The biggest issue is the fact that I don't know all that an RP rulebook needs, or is structured.

If I do piggy back off of a system or engine, you can count on it being a hybrid at best because I'm very picky when it comes to written stuff.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »

teehee. Tongue

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »

I'll try making additions to this sometime this week. If I don't, then I require a blood sacrifice.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »

I await my blood sacrifice in the shrine of Gomorrah at the isles of Shaggoth.

Ignore the blob monsters.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:31:21 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »

Added a tiny disclaimer for the people that don't know that "roleplay" =/= canon.

Right now, I'm having trouble writing the actual guidelines for the RP so I wrote up some more weapon stuff.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:07 AM »

There is a bit of a problem with the whole "towns" idea.  Namely that unless you go super far out, the land is already packed full of random player creations. And lets face it, a lot of them aren't things you would find in a town.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2015, 04:09:46 AM »

There is a bit of a problem with the whole "towns" idea.  Namely that unless you go super far out, the land is already packed full of random player creations. And lets face it, a lot of them aren't things you would find in a town.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread about the non-computer-game pencil+paper role playing game some forum users are attempting to work on.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »

I'll try working on this some more... maybe not this week, but soonish. I've gotta pick things up around here because I refuse to leave a Mythruna project unfinished.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2015, 06:59:10 PM »

This is basically the statue project in text form now. Tongue

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »

*walks through town looking for ebag while holding a very large mace*

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »

*begins ravaging cities with a large boulder looking for ebag*

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »

*begins destroying solar systems in search of ebag*

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »

Not too much goes on without yours and ebag's shenanigans

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2015, 01:12:31 AM »

Not too much goes on without yours and ebag's shenanigans

*Steps out of time machine from a freshly purged universe*

I'm sorry, did you say something while I was away?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: