Mythruna
March 18, 2024, 08:26:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit of a bind with ReShade.  (Read 9156 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:26:13 AM »

Hiya. As I was installing ReShade into various directories I found no success. Installing to Java only works for games that directly use Javaw/Java.exe, and Mythruna is packaged with its' own portable Java. (Hence jME)
I wanted to ask about any ways of going about installing the injector correctly. (If you need an idea, ReShade is like ENB but with OpenGL, and D3D8 through 11 support and needs to hook directly into the engine.)
Anyone have any ideas?

(http://reshade.me/ for anyone interested!)

I also have the fear ReShade might not be able to correctly use depthbuffer, and be unable to use things like SSAO, or DoF xD

I've gotten it to work with many OpenGL games and it's pretty fun to tinker with Cheesy

Edit: On an unrelated sidenote, I need to post more topics with tantalizing titles, because obviously my little-kid blunder of self propelled momentum and misunderstanding of physics garners MANY views. Hehehe
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:35:36 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 02:38:38 AM »

I don't know anything about reshade... but note: Mythruna does not include its own Java.  It uses the Java on your system.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »

Maybe ReShade doesn't like the engine. If you think it's a compatibility issue with jME, you can go to their troubleshooting forum, where the ReShade community may be able to help assess the issue. From what I can tell, jME is off the radar of ReShade's community, so you'd be helping out lots of others in your situation by inquiring

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:05:55 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:19:46 AM »

Maybe ReShade doesn't like the engine. If you think it's a compatibility issue with jME, you can go to their troubleshooting forum, where the ReShade community may be able to help assess the issue. From what I can tell, jME is off the radar of ReShade's community, so you'd be helping out lots of others in your situation by inquiring

Best of luck!
I can't tell if it's a compatibility issue, because I can't even hook into the executable and produce a log from ReShade telling me about any issues.
I don't know anything about reshade... but note: Mythruna does not include its own Java.  It uses the Java on your system.
Hrmmm, that's odd. I have ReShade installed to all Java directories but it just doesn't work. And maybe I'm paranoid but I read something about jME with it in a client.log... I'm sure I'm wrong now though xD.
Is Mythruna 64bit or 32bit? (asking now because I don't have access to a computer and I've never actually checked, but I guess 32bit. Or, rather, does that depend if your Java version is 64/32?)
I'll go into to more testing and delve deeper into my amateur knowledge to figure out how to work this. :p.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:30:17 AM by Moonkey » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 07:56:13 AM »

Mythruna's .exe is probably 32 bit but all it does is call your system's java... so Mythruna is whatever your system is.

Mythruna's .exe is a launch4j bundle.  The .exe is the jar file and just has a stub at the beginning for launching Javaw.exe with itself as a jar.  You could also run it from the command line with:
java -jar Mythruna.exe

...but you'd need to send it memory settings too or you'd be an unhappy player.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »

Best of luck!
I can't tell if it's a compatibility issue, because I can't even hook into the executable and produce a log from ReShade telling me about any issues.

If it can't hook into it, that sounds pretty incompatible. Who knows? Maybe they already know a quick fix for the hooking issue, or perhaps it's a bug.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:48:59 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »

Mythruna's .exe is probably 32 bit but all it does is call your system's java... so Mythruna is whatever your system is.

Mythruna's .exe is a launch4j bundle.  The .exe is the jar file and just has a stub at the beginning for launching Javaw.exe with itself as a jar.  You could also run it from the command line with:
java -jar Mythruna.exe

...but you'd need to send it memory settings too or you'd be an unhappy player.
Before reading this, I used taskmanager to see where the .exe was launched from, and just like you said, I put it in there and it works now! Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: