Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 06:59:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams and Reality  (Read 8033 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »

I've been having strange dreams lately that have been getting me confused. Not in the conventional sense of strange, though, mind you. They were vivid, but even then, their vividness wasn't conventional either. Some of these dreams lasted for what felt like hours, and I can clearly recollect every little event, every texture, every smell... It's all there. Instead of some crisp film, it felt... real. The people there felt real, if not... off.

Of the two most notable ones, there was the dream I had a few days ago. In short, I had some sort of bite on my right hand and I could feel the rough, scratchy sensation of dry skin as I rubbed my left hand over it, and every agonizing sensation as whatever venom I was just subjected to took hold. I remember it becoming harder to move and breathe. I was just barely calm in the situation as I waited for my brother to ready the car to head to the hospital. I waited in a bathroom in front of a sink, for whatever reason. There was a vanity, but I don't remember looking into it. It made no sense, I knew something was really off, but the events that transpired in the dream ended up disorienting me for the rest of the day.

The most recent one was haunting, though. It only lasted a moment that night(or morning, I suppose); the dream I can recall. I remember a sensation that was impossible. My entire body was lathed in sensation, but there was something I'd never felt before. I don't know what that sensation was, or where, or how it arose... but there was... something. Something that may be impossible to recreate physically. Perhaps it's the sensation of my brain simply being unable to consolidate its' own fictional stimulus, unable to understand its' own creation. I know part of me wanted to create it and experience it, to see it. I can do little more than look back at whatever that experience was. Its' been distracting me ever since.

I tell only you, the audience I may never meet because the gravity of what I write will, hopefully, never reach you in its' entirety. Reading this, you likely have little investment in what I have to say, nor can you discern what I have left out, or squeeze out those details I redacted in order to protect my posterity as a sane, normal human being. I feel compelled to write about this, to speak out about this. If I felt any other way, this tale would have been kept to myself, imprisoned to eternal silence. I cannot do so, unfortunately. As much as I wish to delete this, to remain silent, to keep this fragment of a thought to myself and fool myself into thinking I understand it more than my audience, some inscrutable force compells me to proceed.

And with that, this post comes to a close.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »

I've had weird dreams. They were weird. One minute I'll be walking around and the next minute I'm flying. That or I remember when I was 4 or 5 I dreamed that I was walking in my backyard (back in Oklahoma) and I said, "Don't blame my sisters, blame me." and then the guy from scream with his weird mask started trying to stab me. At that moment, I picked up one of those fold-up basketball goals, and it was my shield and his knife couldn't penetrate it. I tried to take his knife from him with no avail.

There was really no point to the dream.
My dreams never really have any real points to them. Just a bunch of randomness.

With all honesty, I think all humans have some sort of insanity. I haven't really dreamed anything that would make people question my sanity in a while, but I know I've had those kinds of dreams.

Be careful, the NSA is watching.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »

The issue with my dreams is... They feel relevent. They felt, in the most bizarre way, correct. The events... make sense. They shouldn't, but they do and, I'm hoping they may enlighten me so as to aid me in achieving my life goals. After giving it some thought, I think these dreams have changed me. One, in particular. But, my primary goal takes priority over what I saw, as a genetic engineer.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:25:59 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »

I've often had real-but-not dreams... Many create nonexistant places with so much detail that you want to relive them just to see how it incorporates places you've been to, to something completely different. Though, the only times I've had such sensational dreams is when I dreamt I was bit by a rat and had this painful, yet painless feeling... It was hard to comprehend at the time xD.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:53:54 AM »

I can assert some level of control over my dreams which somewhat affects how they go.  It's only the dreams that catch my by surprise that manage to get under my skin.

The control started as a child when I could "switch channels" if something wasn't going the way I wanted.  Later, I learned to rewind and redo parts or simply open doorways to something else.  Mostly I let the dreams ride themselves out now since I can be sort of confident I have nothing to worry about.  This is why I know that if you fall from a plane in your dream that you won't die when you hit the ground... at least, I didn't: I bounced like a trampoline.  It was very cool.  (Incidentally, that's the same dream that sticks clearly in my mind as proof that I dream in color.)

In recent memory there have been at least two dreams that seemed real enough (and disturbing enough) that I questioned (in the dream) whether they were real or not.  Like, "Man I hope this is a dream"... which instantly told me that it was because long-embedded in my subconscious is the truism that we never (never) question whether we are dreaming or not unless we are actually dreaming.  Well, maybe if your hold on day-to-day reality is weak but never once in "real life" have I ever questioned if it was a dream or not.

Regarding sneaking up on me: the only nightmares I've had since I was very young have been of this type.  The dream surprises me with something so disturbing and sudden that I couldn't predict it in time to rewind.  Usually it shocks me awake so I can't even correct it after.  

Two cases that stand out:

-in my early 20s I dreamed that I was hanging out with a teen age friend who often went without his shirt on.  We noticed that he had some scabs for bug bites on his side and back and he said they were really itching him.  He scratched one open and flies started coming out... Me waking up: "nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope"  Later the Star Trek Voyager episode with the flying macro-viruses brought it all back to mind. Smiley  Just freaky.

-the other was more recent where after a long series of semi-related dreams it culminated in some goblin creature with a big sword stabbing my son full in the chest... and then my son disappeared.  Messing with my kids is a good way to get me to wake up.  Fortunately, in that case I was able to piece together the various dream threads into a coherent outline for a novel... that I will probably never write.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:56:17 AM by pspeed » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »

Agh... I couldn't think at all today. Rather, I couldn't stop thinking about the dream. It doesn't help that the dream only lasted a few seconds and is consequently really easy to reconstruct.

Conner
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »

I have wet dreams... it started off like this, i was in the bath the end.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »

Heheh... I used to have lots of dirty dreams until I stopped sleeping in the garden...
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

Heheh... I used to have lots of dirty dreams until I stopped sleeping in the garden...
I used to have dreams about unicorns and rainbows, then I realized it was real...

#BuzzKill
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:10:19 PM »

ESRB is gonna be pissed when they see this. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:16:50 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:16:01 PM »

ESRB is gonna be pissed when they see this. Tongue

There is nothing wrong here.  And anyone who sees something wrong needs an ESRB rating for their mind. Wink
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »

Sorry I haven't been as active as usual the past few(rather, two) days. I've just been thinking about stuff alot and haven't been productive AT ALL lately. xD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:01:35 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Conner
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »

i used to have dreams that i was flying... until i woke up on a plane... Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: