Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Character creator shots...  (Read 12877 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:50:01 PM »

Just finished the last bits of the character creation screens for now (for now!) and thought I'd post some screen shots:

All of the fields that will be editable until we have real character stats and real customization:

Same shot with the color entry pop-up open:

All that's left for that is to actually add the "Create Character" button which turns it into a playable entity and resets the working entity.

...then I need to actually start the world networking... which is dependent on physics networking.  Hopefully I can get some solid time to work on that the week after this coming week.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:04:19 AM »

It's always nice to wake up to Mythruna development notes. 'u'

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:11 PM »

Lovely! I'm guessing the "Test" field was just testing to see the output for what the actual type model it is in the end.

Does "Build" refer to muscularity?

Other than that, I am proud to call you Paul Speed, because only people who do awesome things like Paul Speed can be called Paul Speed.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »

Yes, re: "Test"

Yes, re: "Build"... refers to "physical build".  Internally I called it "weight" but that's not really right... though it will be part of the mass calculation, I haven't quite worked that part out yet.  It's not really "muscular" either... as you slide it right you get stocky and fat and you slide it left you get skinny.  I'll post that in a minute, I guess.

It will be interesting to have a game where your physical mass actually varies by the amount of crap you are carrying.  I haven't seen that in a game yet.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:09:27 PM »

Default "build":

Skinny:

Heavy:
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »

Video of character creation in action: https://youtu.be/nXW17RTZjHU