Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 03:17:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions regarding structure  (Read 6524 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 06:10:15 PM »

I have two important questions today, I hope someone in management can help me with.

First off, when are we going to get working door animations? Right now my choice is to either make it not physical or basically have a decorated wall. Cause once you make a door physical you cannot get past it.  When is this going to be fixed?

And secondly, is it possible to copy other peoples works and if it is not yet, when will that be implemented? I have seen several different types of BBQ structures and a mailbox in this game and I don't have an inkling as of how to create them myself but I would really like to have them.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »

Doors require physics to be implemented first.  They are on the roadmap but I don't know when they will be done.  Physics is kind of a big deal and getting a new version of the engine out has taken me a very long time so far.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »

And secondly, is it possible to copy other peoples works and if it is not yet, when will that be implemented? I have seen several different types of BBQ structures and a mailbox in this game and I don't have an inkling as of how to create them myself but I would really like to have them.

If you are talking about blueprints then they can be cloned.  Just right click on them in object mode and select "Clone".  It's in the same menu you used to make your own objects physical.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »

heh heh... "management".

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:26:21 PM »

I don't think it is blueprints I am referring to. I tried right clicking on some objects I found and all I got was "you do not have permission to place a block here"

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dy6adu&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rucq5w&s=8

And for anyone reading this, the coordinates are 1110.37 X -616.20
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »

I don't think it is blueprints I am referring to. I tried right clicking on some objects I found and all I got was "you do not have permission to place a block here"

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dy6adu&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rucq5w&s=8

And for anyone reading this, the coordinates are 1110.37 X -616.20

Well, the first link is a grill and definitely an object.  If you get the error you said then you aren't in object mode because it means you are trying to place a block.  "Placing a block" is by definition not "placing an object".

So to manipulate objects you need to be in object mode... ie: the mode where you place objects.  Repeating myself: it's the same mode you'd be in to turn your doors physical which you indicated you know how to do already.  So use that same object tool.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »

Which button changes to object mode? I can only find buttons for game mode and build mode.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:49:13 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »

Which button changes to object mode? I can only find buttons for game mode and build mode.

It's one of the tools.  Have you ever placed an object/blueprint before?  That was object mode.

The be really really specific: spin your mouse wheel until you see a little chair at the bottom of your screen.  Now you are in object mode.  Where you can do stuff with objects like place them, drag them around, right click on them to open a radial menu, etc..
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

It's one of the tools.  Have you ever placed an object/blueprint before?  That was object mode.

The be really really specific: spin your mouse wheel until you see a little chair at the bottom of your screen.  Now you are in object mode.  Where you can do stuff with objects like place them, drag them around, right click on them to open a radial menu, etc..

That is quite helpful.  Thank you. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: