Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:24:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Mob Idea Discussion  (Read 68602 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 09:23:49 PM »

Marionette

Undead. Comprised of separated body parts that do not appear to be touching. Broken bones do not impair them, and limbs that are completely destroyed can be replaced by integrating compatible bodyparts from nearby.

As fun as that sounds, it seems to me like the only places you would find that would either be in a graveyard or Frankenstein's lab.

Erm... It'd be used in traps or used as a guardian, if anything. Piles of bodyparts aren't just lying around in graveyards. Unlike Effigies, Marionettes aren't stitched together. They're kind of like... Rayman, I guess. I'll try finding something that describes it better.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »

Marionette

Undead. Comprised of separated body parts that do not appear to be touching. Broken bones do not impair them, and limbs that are completely destroyed can be replaced by integrating compatible bodyparts from nearby.

As fun as that sounds, it seems to me like the only places you would find that would either be in a graveyard or Frankenstein's lab.

Erm... It'd be used in traps or used as a guardian, if anything. Piles of bodyparts aren't just lying around in graveyards. Unlike Effigies, Marionettes aren't stitched together. They're kind of like... Rayman, I guess. I'll try finding something that describes it better.

What kind of graveyards have you been to? What is a dead rotting corpse in the ground to be called except a pile of body parts that is just waiting to be dug up?

And I have no idea what a rayman is.  Sounds like some god of the sun or something... marionettes are wooden creatures hung by strings.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:01:16 PM »

What kind of graveyards have you been to? What is a dead rotting corpse in the ground to be called except a pile of body parts that is just waiting to be dug up?

And I have no idea what a rayman is.  Sounds like some god of the sun or something... marionettes are wooden creatures hung by strings.

... Yes, of course, they would be able to force rotting body parts through six feet of soil.

The body parts have to be accessible, as in, in the open.

Anywho, I found an image that sort of describes the concept. Note: My concept involves the splitting at all major joints.

Rayman is a hugely popular character made by Nintendo, who had no less than forty games based on him, and stars in countless other Nintendo titles, as well as a few third party titles. His appearance is pretty iconic; he's really only a floating torso with a head, hands, and feet.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:04:03 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 09:35:17 AM »

some sort of zombie or skeleton mob that reaches up out of the ground and grabs you when you walk over their grave and tries to pull you down into it to gnaw on your bones.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »

His appearance is pretty iconic; he's really only a floating torso with a head, hands, and feet.

Don't forget about his ability to bounce his torso like a basketball Tongue

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »

Rayman is a hugely popular character made by Nintendo, who had no less than forty games based on him, and stars in countless other Nintendo titles, as well as a few third party titles. His appearance is pretty iconic; he's really only a floating torso with a head, hands, and feet.

Note: Rayman definitely _NOT_ made by Nintendo... else it wouldn't have appeared on other consoles.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »

Note: Rayman definitely _NOT_ made by Nintendo... else it wouldn't have appeared on other consoles.

Woops. It's Ubisoft, for most of them. My bad. Cheesy

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »

A gelatinous green jello-like blob with various human bones floating around inside it, cause when it eats you, and it will try, it dissolves you like a vat of acid, till theres nothing left but your bones floating around inside its semi-transparent globby form.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »

A gelatinous green jello-like blob with various human bones floating around inside it, cause when it eats you, and it will try, it dissolves you like a vat of acid, till theres nothing left but your bones floating around inside its semi-transparent globby form.
Flubber

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 11:29:49 PM »

Flubber

aka gelatinous cube from d&d that's conveniently 10 ft across.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 01:24:23 AM »

Flubber

I have never played D&D and have no idea what you are referencing.
I am talking about the blobs I often find in city sewers in runescape.

They are often seen with gold coins and bits of armor and occasionally an arm or leg bone from a human inside them.  They are green like American money and are just transparent enough so that you can see all the cool loot and bones inside them.  And they try to eat you.

But you prove my point.  They are common enough to span multiple games, so they aren't something unique like creepers are to minecraft so I think we can have them without anyone whining about us stealing their idea.

And they are also in Zelda games.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:26:43 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 01:49:47 AM »

Flubber

They are often seen with gold coins and bits of armor and occasionally an arm or leg bone from a human inside them.  They are green like American money and are just transparent enough so that you can see all the cool loot and bones inside them.  And they try to eat you.

But you prove my point.  They are common enough to span multiple games, so they aren't something unique like creepers are to minecraft so I think we can have them without anyone whining about us stealing their idea.

Gelatinous cubes are common to the point that they're boring, is the thing. They aren't unique at all... Which is an issue in itself. Odds are, Paul has already considered them as well, so having a unique twist on the concept is important.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »

Flubber

Gelatinous cubes are common to the point that they're boring, is the thing. They aren't unique at all... Which is an issue in itself. Odds are, Paul has already considered them as well, so having a unique twist on the concept is important.

I sure hope he considered them. They are fun to battle! Plus, seeing as we are going for a semi-realistic theme here from what I have gathered, it will be interesting to see how he explains battling a creature that's basically a pile of jello.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:24:34 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »

Grimoire

A demonic looking wolf/bat thing. like some one tried to blend together the head and body of a wolf and a bat together, but mostly the latter, and added wing flaps under the forelegs like a flying squirrel.  Makes for gliding easy after launching itself towards it's victim to tackle it to the ground and attempt to eat it alive.  Only comes out in the deep dark night time.

Found it in the evon webcomic.  But they just call it a grim.  Grimoire sounds more spooky.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

Grimoire

A demonic looking wolf/bat thing. like some one tried to blend together the head and body of a wolf and a bat together, but mostly the latter, and added wing flaps under the forelegs like a flying squirrel.  Makes for gliding easy after launching itself towards it's victim to tackle it to the ground and attempt to eat it alive.  Only comes out in the deep dark night time.

Found it in the evon webcomic.  But they just call it a grim.  Grimoire sounds more spooky.

Erm... A grimoire is a book. xD

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: