Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 03:48:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Technology Question!  (Read 4231 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »

I asked about technology previously, but I now want to see what kind of technology would be possible, rather than how. Would short wave radios be possible, to listen to player made music somehow(separately from the chat crystals)? Would there be lightbulbs in the way we understand them? Steam boats?

Also, what of appliances? Would you be able to, say, make a system for plumbing and waste water management? Would you be able to establish a power grid, or create sensors for various things? Would you be able to make a crystal powered grill? Would a crystal charged with light energy be able to make a laser gun with well calibrated lenses?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be able to create an automated watering system for farms?

Lastly, would drills be a thing?

I know a lot of it may be subject to change and subject to modders, but I'm interested now.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »

I made a catapult over the weekend. Catapults should be a thing.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 10:57:57 PM »

I made a catapult over the weekend. Catapults should be a thing.
Ropes and pulleys are confirmed. :3

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:44:03 AM »

Radios... no.

Light bulbs "in the way that we understand them".  No.

Steam boats, maybe... but I'm not sure why you would when you could just create thrust blocks.

I guess you could manipulate water... we'll have to see.

power grids and sensors... sort of.

Laser guns... not really.  But I don't know what the different is between a laser gun and a beam wand.  Beam wands, certainly.

Drills will not be a thing.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:46:09 AM »

Drills will not be a thing.

Well, at least not in the "spinning bits of metal that grind things away" sense.  Presumably a beam wand could drill through rock... and anyway you potentially have your build/disintegrator wand anyway with some limitations (and a complete lack of getting anything but the most raw materials).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: