Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Statue Construction Phase 1 - Prep Phase  (Read 93770 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 03:56:06 AM »

i just visited your flying town - Very cool really liked jumping between all the platforms like some sort of exercise. The excavation site its larger than i expected, looking forward to seeing what you put inside, great work mate. p.s i feel so silly haha i spent about 20 minutes trying to reply to the thread about excavation only to realise that it is locked now  Grin

Very weird picture. nearly crapped my pants when I saw him look up and smirk at me the first time. I was all like "what the hell?! that picture moved!!"
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 08:46:31 AM »

Gonna be honest...

... I've been playing Minecraft.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »

Gonna be honest...

Heheh... my son and I started a new world on the PS4 Minecraft this weekend.  One of the best survival worlds we've ever started as we spawned in a big open horse field by the water.  Game was plentiful and we only had to worry about guarding three sides, really.  Found lots of iron right below our starter base, decent caves nearby in all directions.

We got it in our heads to create an underwater main base this time... that's the only hard thing we've done. Smiley  I also already have my patented sky base with the melon farm section (though no rooms or anything in this world as our ground base is fine so far).
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »

Gonna be honest...

Heheh... my son and I started a new world on the PS4 Minecraft this weekend.  One of the best survival worlds we've ever started as we spawned in a big open horse field by the water.  Game was plentiful and we only had to worry about guarding three sides, really.  Found lots of iron right below our starter base, decent caves nearby in all directions.

We got it in our heads to create an underwater main base this time... that's the only hard thing we've done. Smiley  I also already have my patented sky base with the melon farm section (though no rooms or anything in this world as our ground base is fine so far).
I've just been... ...
http://puush.me/Moonkey/Gallery Sight seeing... Wink

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 12:22:26 PM »

\
I've just been... ...
http://puush.me/Moonkey/Gallery Sight seeing... Wink

>:C

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 02:33:05 AM »

Gonna be honest...

"We" is the abjective term here.  Things like underwater bases are often much easier in groups.
I am pretty sure if you look, you will find several half finished, still flooded under water structures all across mythruna that I got bored with part way through cause I had the same idea in my head and then realized, part way through building, that I was constructing something huge by myself that I did not have the interest or attention span to finish.
I built an underwater skyscraper shortly after starting this game only to realize it was going to be a pain in the ass to un-flood it so I just left it. Now there is a flooded glass skyscraper at the bottom of the sea near the starter town somewhere. Amongst other things I got bored with before finishing.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 05:23:03 AM »

Gonna be honest...

"We" is the abjective term here.  Things like underwater bases are often much easier in groups.
I am pretty sure if you look, you will find several half finished, still flooded under water structures all across mythruna that I got bored with part way through cause I had the same idea in my head and then realized, part way through building, that I was constructing something huge by myself that I did not have the interest or attention span to finish.
I built an underwater skyscraper shortly after starting this game only to realize it was going to be a pain in the ass to un-flood it so I just left it. Now there is a flooded glass skyscraper at the bottom of the sea near the starter town somewhere. Amongst other things I got bored with before finishing.

Well, it's much harder in minecraft survival mode because you have to find a way to breath while doing it.  So even if we want the structure just at the bottom of the sea, we have to flood the whole area with sand first and dig down.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 02:08:50 PM »

Well, it's much harder in minecraft survival mode because you have to find a way to breath while doing it.  So even if we want the structure just at the bottom of the sea, we have to flood the whole area with sand first and dig down.

Doors and signs create bubbles you can breathe in. Or, you can find a dungeon and create a mob grinder to get XP and start enchanting helmets until you get respiration.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:39 PM »

Doors and signs create bubbles you can breathe in. Or, you can find a dungeon and create a mob grinder to get XP and start enchanting helmets until you get respiration.

The main part of the base is basically already done.  We just dropped sand down from the top and then dug it out from the bottom once the shell was in place.  It's just a giant glass box at the moment... we'll probably do something fancier with it later but I'm more keen on finding saddles for my horses now.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »

So the mc server I'm on allows you to trade in a stack of rare fish for one end portal block...

I probably fished up 2-3 DCs of fish. ._.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »

It's time I find my balance again. Today, I worked on the walls of the giant hole;converting about half of it to sand. That's probably not impressive, but that's after a month of not doing anything... working on it at all is a big deal after that kind of hiatus.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:44 AM »

All that's left to do now is staging and scaffold building, as I suspect I'm going to be stuck on the ground for this one.

Perhaps it is time to admit something about this project... It's more than a statue. It's more than a subject of a story yet to be told. It's a form of elucidation, if you will. As poetic and adept I am with the English language, you'd think words would suffice in any situation of such nature, but it is not so. A glimpse into the world I see, a still life and a story congealed can, possibly, explain what I could not so long ago.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:07:20 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 12:51:00 AM »

Have you figured out what you want the floor to be yet? I am just a few hundred coordinates away from 2000.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »

Have you figured out what you want the floor to be yet? I am just a few hundred coordinates away from 2000.

I already built the floor. :3

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »

I seem to have forgotten what the coordinates were. I am at 2008.19 X 891.82.  Am I close?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: