Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 06:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Statue Construction Phase 1 - Prep Phase  (Read 94646 times)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »

I seem to have forgotten what the coordinates were. I am at 2008.19 X 891.82.  Am I close?
I PM'd you

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »

14 days.

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »

14 days.
Huh. What does that mean?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »

Well, that's just when the fall semester ends for me. As for what it means beyond that, even I don't know.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 03:05:02 AM »

Ok seriously, before I had to disappear for a few weeks to get a new computer cause my old one fried due to me not having a surgeprotector attached during a storm, I wandered around for a few hours each day for 3 days trying to find this place.

Someone is going to have to log in and show me.  The coordinates I was given don't work. you go too far in one direction, the other changes up.
I get to to the low side on one side, the other side doesn't go all the way up to the point its supposed to. I go up on one side, the other side ends up being past what the lower side is supposed to be.

They never sync up to the correct coordinates.  I have no idea where this thing is but the coordinates do not work.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:07:29 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »

The coords are correct. I just spend 20 minutes getting to it just to confirm it. It would be nice if you could remove the coordinates because I'm not sure if Rayblon wants them public.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »

The coords are correct. I just spend 20 minutes getting to it just to confirm it. It would be nice if you could remove the coordinates because I'm not sure if Rayblon wants them public.
^^^

Especially since I plan to work in the statue soon. It's kind of on a need to know basis for the time being because of how the map saves and rollbacks are executed. I stand to lose way too much work with new players logging in just to wreck my build.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »

^^^

Especially since I plan to work in the statue soon. It's kind of on a need to know basis for the time being because of how the map saves and rollbacks are executed. I stand to lose way too much work with new players logging in just to wreck my build.

Note: checkpoints are automatically created at midnight... I can create them any time, though.

It occurs to me at this point that some areas probably have an unmanageable revision count. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »

^^^

Note: checkpoints are automatically created at midnight... I can create them any time, though.

It occurs to me at this point that some areas probably have an unmanageable revision count. :)

D:

That's acually the issue, that you can only do time based rollbacks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:35:37 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »

It's not time based. It's checkpoint based.  And a new checkpoint is automatically set every night.  But empty checkpoints don't show up in the lists.

It's the areas that have daily changes that will end up with lots of revs.

I can easily remove old checkpoints, though.  The two+ year old revisions probably aren't worth keeping around anymore, anyway.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »

It's not time based. It's checkpoint based.  And a new checkpoint is automatically set every night.  But empty checkpoints don't show up in the lists.

It's the areas that have daily changes that will end up with lots of revs.

I can easily remove old checkpoints, though.  The two+ year old revisions probably aren't worth keeping around anymore, anyway.

I mean, the fact that you can't do user-targetted rollbacks for griefs. The sensitive 1-2 weeks period needed to construct the statue would be especially vulnerable if someone griefs it mid-day while I'm working on it.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2015, 12:58:33 AM »

I mean, the fact that you can't do user-targetted rollbacks for griefs. The sensitive 1-2 weeks period needed to construct the statue would be especially vulnerable if someone griefs it mid-day while I'm working on it.

But that's nearly impossible to do or would require _significant_ changes to the engine to support.  As it is, I just copy files if you change an area after the file's checkpoint.  I keep checkpoint directories of the pre-checkpoint files if they were changed post-checkpoint, for the entire world.

Doing it per user is hard because any number of users could be editing an area at the same time.  That area may not get saved for 5 seconds or more and then it's saving all of the changes since the last write.

Would be better just to protect the area with a property.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2015, 05:00:06 AM »

But that's nearly impossible to do or would require _significant_ changes to the engine to support.  As it is, I just copy files if you change an area after the file's checkpoint.  I keep checkpoint directories of the pre-checkpoint files if they were changed post-checkpoint, for the entire world.

Doing it per user is hard because any number of users could be editing an area at the same time.  That area may not get saved for 5 seconds or more and then it's saving all of the changes since the last write.

Are you offering? Tongue

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2015, 05:39:15 AM »

Are you offering? Tongue

I might be depending on the size of the area.  stronghold save spots aren't very big.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2015, 09:35:23 PM »

Well, there's the rub as the area is huge.  I think I remember now why it isn't protected... because I felt a little uncomfortable leasing so much of the world to one project.

How big is the area exactly?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: