Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 12:53:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is this?!  (Read 5223 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/iSJlQON.png

So I just made a new character for the online server and I had to climb over this giant wall just north of the newspawn town. I climbed on top and looked up toward the sun and saw this little wooden thing in the sky.

from below it looks like a boat.  Here is the weird thing.  I used some dirt blocks to try to reach it.  I can't.  It is beyond the reach of the building capabilities of the game.  It is past the highest point any player can reach and yet some how, it's up there.

What is it? how did it get up there? whats going on?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »

So I just made a new character for the online server and I had to climb over this giant wall just north of the newspawn town. I climbed on top and looked up toward the sun and saw this little wooden thing in the sky.

from below it looks like a boat.  Here is the weird thing.  I used some dirt blocks to try to reach it.  I can't.  It is beyond the reach of the building capabilities of the game.  It is past the highest point any player can reach and yet some how, it's up there.

It's a sky boat. Those are used in lieu of flight... which doesn't exist. You can use the exploit yourself using a blueprint, though I'm not sure how to explain it...

GAH! SOMEONE MAKE A TUTORIAL FOR IT. >.<

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »

It's a sky boat. Those are used in lieu of flight... which doesn't exist. You can use the exploit yourself using a blueprint, though I'm not sure how to explain it...

GAH! SOMEONE MAKE A TUTORIAL FOR IT. >.<

I had a hunch it was a boat.  The curious thing is that it is unreachable.  if it is used in lieu of flight then wouldn't it make sense to have it closer? so people can actually get on it?  I got as high as the game would allow and the boat is still out of my reach. 

Meaning either someone hacked the game to do that or an admin is messing with us.  Cause that boat up there shouldn't be possible. 
It is several blocks higher than the highest possible point in the game.  Not sure how that's possible.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »

You use the boat to fly... and then you can get quite a bit higher than you can build.

The basic concept is like the Lorax... you pick yourself up and off you go.

There is a giant tower behind the spawn point and up at the top I think I left at least one boat docked.  It looks like a small sail boat.

The construction of this boat is important because of some of the limitations of flight.  The back seat has a ridge around it so that you are less likely to 'slide off' while flying.  The thin mast is there so that you have something to grab onto and raise + steer the boat through the sky.

The thing to watch out for is hitting someone's property boundaries which makes the boat stop moving (can't move objects in someone else's property).  Perhaps that's why there is one way up in the sky like that... the person fell down and didn't feel like retrieving it.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »

I found the other boat and I got in it but I don't know how to control it. 

Its just sitting there letting me walk around on it. Not moving or nothing.

Help me figure out this infernal contraption of flight please.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:29:42 PM »

Well, as said above, if you are in someone else's territory then you can't drag objects.  The boat is nothing special... just an object that you can drag around like any other.  To fly you will have to clone it and place your own outside someone's property... then you can get in and drag the mast of the boat to move it with you in it... as described above.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »

Well, as said above, if you are in someone else's territory then you can't drag objects.  The boat is nothing special... just an object that you can drag around like any other.  To fly you will have to clone it and place your own outside someone's property... then you can get in and drag the mast of the boat to move it with you in it... as described above.

Ah. Well that would explain why it wont move. I am in someone's fortress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: