Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 03:16:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to remove a large chunk of water at a time?  (Read 8154 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:03:56 AM »

I am almost finished building a large glass underwater dome. Here is the problem. Its filled with water.  water isn't like other blocks.
you remove a block holding back the water, the water floods back into place.  I'm not sure how to deal with such a large amount of water all at once.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:08:57 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:43:18 AM »

Water grows next to or below water.... so you have to fill the water completely with something else before removing that something else.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »

Water grows next to or below water.... so you have to fill the water completely with something else before removing that something else.

That actually makes complete sense.  And its going to take me forever.
Especially with the game constantly showing me errors and randomly deciding to close on me for no reason, like all the time... *sigh*
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 02:53:23 AM »

I can't help with errors I don't know about...
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

It's easy to do if you have the right technique, but I'm not ready to tell the world how. :3

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »

It's easy to do if you have the right technique, but I'm not ready to tell the world how. :3

I hope you decide your ready soon.  I just finished my underwater glass dome at the bottom of the sea under your Japanese shrine and now I need to get all the water out.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:01:09 AM »

"error reading from connection to: mythruna.game-host.org/70.184.243.219.4235"

Server not responding error message I get several times a day.  Then the game crashes and I have to start it up again.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:28 AM »

Server not responding error message I get several times a day.  Then the game crashes and I have to start it up again.

Ok, that error just means something on the internet between your machine and mine hiccuped.  Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about it.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:21 AM »

Ok, that error just means something on the internet between your machine and mine hiccuped.  Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about it.

Dang. Well that's disappointing. It happened 5 times today alone.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 12:05:09 AM »

Do you play on a wireless connection?
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 12:09:05 AM »

Do you play on a wireless connection?

I think so. The modem isn't directly attached to my computer if that's what your asking.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »

I think so. The modem isn't directly attached to my computer if that's what your asking.

Well, if you don't have a LAN cable plugged into your computer and running to something then yes you are definitely on a wireless connection.

...and it is possible that this is why you drop as often as you do.  These connections can I guess be unstable over the long run.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »

Well, if you don't have a LAN cable plugged into your computer and running to something then yes you are definitely on a wireless connection.

...and it is possible that this is why you drop as often as you do.  These connections can I guess be unstable over the long run.

Ah. Well that is a shame.  But at least the good news is that it mostly crashes when I am traveling and very rarely when Im in the middle of doing something, so that's a plus I suppose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: