Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 04:34:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: List of questions...  (Read 18139 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:32:27 AM »

I figured it's better to just start up a list since I ask so many different questions all the time. 
So here we go!!
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »

Wherever I go, I see grand monuments and structures that look like that must have taken forever to build.  And yet I have not seen a single other person in this game ever since I went past the newbie spawn town.  How many people really play this game in general?
I play this game several times a week and see no one and yet there are peoples fortresses everywhere.
I am right now in the minus level coordinates and I'm still seeing people's fortresses.  And yet no people.  Really weird.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »

I know what the square footage is as seen by the red squares marking peoples fortresses.

But my question is regarding the up and down.  Does the fortress barrier reach indefinitely to the sky and all the way to the core or is there a limit?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:45:55 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 02:22:00 AM »

Wherever I go, I see grand monuments and structures that look like that must have taken forever to build.  And yet I have not seen a single other person in this game ever since I went past the newbie spawn town.  How many people really play this game in general?
I play this game several times a week and see no one and yet there are peoples fortresses everywhere.
I am right now in the minus level coordinates and I'm still seeing people's fortresses.  And yet no people.  Really weird.

The server has been online for just over four years.  It's had a lot of players in that time.  The glory days were the first year or so when there was almost always someone on and the list of regulars was half a dozen or more at any given time.  Since there has been no new public release in (almost exactly) three years, activity has sort of fallen off.  Still, it's encouraging that I see someone on at least once a day.  There is a server activity page where you can the last ten people who were online or so.

Heheh... Rayblon topping the stats: http://mythruna.game-host.org/status/
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:16 AM »

I know what the square footage is as seen by the red squares marking peoples fortresses.

But my question is regarding the up and down.  Does the fortress barrier reach indefinitely to the sky and all the way to the core or is there a limit?

Yes, strongholds and towns are full height/full depth.  Plots within a city or town are limited up and down... and the limits are different for cities (taller/narrower) than they are for towns.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:16:50 PM »

Just so I understand how far I can go...
How far does the game go before it starts to break up and eventually crashes?  
The place I found with the big hole in it is in the minus 2000s and it isn't even glitchy yet.  
So it makes me curious how much farther I could go.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:57:12 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »

The server has been online for just over four years.  It's had a lot of players in that time.  The glory days were the first year or so when there was almost always someone on and the list of regulars was half a dozen or more at any given time.  Since there has been no new public release in (almost exactly) three years, activity has sort of fallen off.  Still, it's encouraging that I see someone on at least once a day.  There is a server activity page where you can the last ten people who were online or so.

Rayblon is only topping the stats cause my game keeps crashing.  If it weren't for that, I would be topping the stats. I never close the game on  purpose.
If it wasn't for the constant crashes, this game would hardly ever be shut down on my computer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:02:30 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »

The server has been online for just over four years.  It's had a lot of players in that time.  The glory days were the first year or so when there was almost always someone on and the list of regulars was half a dozen or more at any given time.  Since there has been no new public release in (almost exactly) three years, activity has sort of fallen off.  Still, it's encouraging that I see someone on at least once a day.  There is a server activity page where you can the last ten people who were online or so.

Rayblon is only topping the stats cause my game keeps crashing.  If it weren't for that, I would be topping the stats. I never close the game on  purpose.
If it wasn't for the constant crashes, this game would hardly ever be shut down on my computer.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, fola.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »

Ok so we all know the barriers for fortresses are seen as glowing red squares.  Is this the same for towns and cities? Cause I just tried to destroy someone's boat dock and I got the "you do not have permission to move this block" notice but when I went to check the barriers, it was not in the protection barrier of anyone's fortress so I am not sure how this is being possible.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:10:17 PM »

Ok so we all know the barriers for fortresses are seen as glowing red squares.  Is this the same for towns and cities? Cause I just tried to destroy someone's boat dock and I got the "you do not have permission to move this block" notice but when I went to check the barriers, it was not in the protection barrier of anyone's fortress so I am not sure how this is being possible.

There are larger protections than just strongholds. It may have been protected by a town or city protection

The real question is: Why were you trying to destroy the dock?

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »

There are larger protections than just strongholds. It may have been protected by a town or city protection

I was trying to destroy it for fun. And I wasn't trying to destroy the whole dock. Just part of it for a prank. So next time someone is walking along and not looking where they are going, they might not see that part of the dock is gone, misstep, and *splash* they fall into the water.

But I guess the bigger protections don't show up as red cause I looked and I saw no red around the dock.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 10:50:37 PM »

I was trying to destroy it for fun. And I wasn't trying to destroy the whole dock. Just part of it for a prank. So next time someone is walking along and not looking where they are going, they might not see that part of the dock is gone, misstep, and *splash* they fall into the water.

But I guess the bigger protections don't show up as red cause I looked and I saw no red around the dock.

They're purple.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 04:36:51 AM »

Also sometimes they are under water and can hardly be seen.  At night is the best time to see the big ones.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 04:39:35 AM »

The place I found with the big hole in it is in the minus 2000s and it isn't even glitchy yet.  

Any big holes should be player made.  I think the terrain starts to get erratic at -12000 or so.  At -16000 or -18000 (can't remember for sure) the terrain gets so erratic that it crashes the client.

In the positive coordinates, your movement will get glitchy long before the terrain messes up... and then it will be because you wrapped coordinates.  Something like 2 billion or something.  But at 200,000 I think already physics will start to feel weird when you move.  By 1,000,000 you can only look around and not really move.  We teleported there once for fun.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »

Any big holes should be player made.  I think the terrain starts to get erratic at -12000 or so.  At -16000 or -18000 (can't remember for sure) the terrain gets so erratic that it crashes the client.

In the positive coordinates, your movement will get glitchy long before the terrain messes up... and then it will be because you wrapped coordinates.  Something like 2 billion or something.  But at 200,000 I think already physics will start to feel weird when you move.  By 1,000,000 you can only look around and not really move.  We teleported there once for fun.

I didn't know we could teleport in this game! How do I do that?  

As for the holes, I have seen plenty large caverns that appear to be naturally formed.  Player made holes usually have some movement to them.
Some specific design on how they are carved. Natural ones are erratic and have blocks strewn everywhere.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:54:41 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: