Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 11:02:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of questions...  (Read 18136 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »

This is a mix of a question and a suggestion really.

I noticed there isnt any paint in the game.  Is this on purpose or am I just not finding them?
If its on purpose, I suggest making paint.  On my tablet I have a single player game that is a lot like this.  It is called survivalcraft. 
In survival craft you can drag a bucket of paint onto a block, and depending on the type of block, it might change to the color of paint you spilled on it.
Things such as wooden planks, various types of stone and even bricks can be painted a different color than what they start out with.
Basalt, granite, limestone... all sorts of things.

Might be nice to be able to be able to paint something the correct color.  I was hoping to build Big Ben at some point in mythruna. 
But right now, with the lack of being able to paint things, the only way I am going to be able to do that is if I use sand. 
The only thing I have found that is the correct color.
Kinda seems like something that wouldn't exactly meet the theme of mythruna tbh. That's just my two cents though, maybe it could work in the creative part of mythruna.

I am not sure I follow what you mean.  Mythruna is meant to be a mideval block building game.  I am pretty sure they had paint in mideval times.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:53 AM »

I am not sure I follow what you mean.  Mythruna is meant to be a mideval block building game.  I am pretty sure they had paint in mideval times.

Aaactually... It's planned to be more like an RPG than a building game... but Paul has considered a block coloring system.

This was actually asked previously, and should have been pretty easy to find using the search tool (Don't worry, you're not in trouble for it or anything.).

For posterity, here is the exchange Paul and I had about paint in Mythruna.

Maybe bricks should just have a color value. There are SO many variations of clay bricks out there that it may be better to just create a spectrum of realistic brick colors and let people figure out how to make their bricks that way.

Colors like you are talking about are part of the block type.  Each shape is also part of the block type.  The combinatorial explosion adds up pretty fast.  It's why I plan to try to do colored blocks more as add-on paint instead of part of the blocks.  Sort of like another lighting layer but not really.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:30:56 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 06:57:03 AM »

I want to support paint but really that's all I'll say about it.  It feels a bit like discussing  how many station presets the car radio will have when I'm still working on getting the wheels attached to the frame.  Smiley
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »

I am not sure I follow what you mean.  Mythruna is meant to be a mideval block building game.  I am pretty sure they had paint in mideval times.

Aaactually... It's planned to be more like an RPG than a building game... but Paul has considered a block coloring system.

This was actually asked previously, and should have been pretty easy to find using the search tool (Don't worry, you're not in trouble for it or anything.).

For posterity, here is the exchange Paul and I had about paint in Mythruna.

Maybe bricks should just have a color value. There are SO many variations of clay bricks out there that it may be better to just create a spectrum of realistic brick colors and let people figure out how to make their bricks that way.

Colors like you are talking about are part of the block type.  Each shape is also part of the block type.  The combinatorial explosion adds up pretty fast.  It's why I plan to try to do colored blocks more as add-on paint instead of part of the blocks.  Sort of like another lighting layer but not really.

yeah that second quote is what I am referring to. Glad to see someone already thought it up. Cant wait to see it implemented in the game.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

I want to support paint but really that's all I'll say about it.  It feels a bit like discussing  how many station presets the car radio will have when I'm still working on getting the wheels attached to the frame.  Smiley

5 presets. That is the norm.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: