Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 12:16:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: List of questions...  (Read 17837 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »

I didn't know we could teleport in this game! How do I do that?

That is a power for server admins.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »

Just so I understand how far I can go...
How far does the game go before it starts to break up and eventually crashes?  
The place I found with the big hole in it is in the minus 2000s and it isn't even glitchy yet.  
So it makes me curious how much farther I could go.

Any big holes should be player made.  I think the terrain starts to get erratic at -12000 or so.  At -16000 or -18000 (can't remember for sure) the terrain gets so erratic that it crashes the client.

In the positive coordinates, your movement will get glitchy long before the terrain messes up... and then it will be because you wrapped coordinates.  Something like 2 billion or something.  But at 200,000 I think already physics will start to feel weird when you move.  By 1,000,000 you can only look around and not really move.  We teleported there once for fun.

As for the holes, I have seen plenty large caverns that appear to be naturally formed.  Player made holes usually have some movement to them.
Some specific design on how they are carved. Natural ones are erratic and have blocks strewn everywhere.

Yes, there are natural caves.  I didn't know that's what you meant by "hole"... usually people call the caves "caves" and giant-square-holes-that-players-made-but-looks-like-a-glitch-in-a-conversation-about-bugs-and-glitches "holes".
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »

Just so I understand how far I can go...
How far does the game go before it starts to break up and eventually crashes?  
The place I found with the big hole in it is in the minus 2000s and it isn't even glitchy yet.  
So it makes me curious how much farther I could go.

Any big holes should be player made.  I think the terrain starts to get erratic at -12000 or so.  At -16000 or -18000 (can't remember for sure) the terrain gets so erratic that it crashes the client.

In the positive coordinates, your movement will get glitchy long before the terrain messes up... and then it will be because you wrapped coordinates.  Something like 2 billion or something.  But at 200,000 I think already physics will start to feel weird when you move.  By 1,000,000 you can only look around and not really move.  We teleported there once for fun.

As for the holes, I have seen plenty large caverns that appear to be naturally formed.  Player made holes usually have some movement to them.
Some specific design on how they are carved. Natural ones are erratic and have blocks strewn everywhere.

Yes, there are natural caves.  I didn't know that's what you meant by "hole"... usually people call the caves "caves" and giant-square-holes-that-players-made-but-looks-like-a-glitch-in-a-conversation-about-bugs-and-glitches "holes".

I call it a hole cause usually caves have natural entrances of some sort.
I was just digging down into the ground one day and all of a sudden I fell into a cave. 
As I recall it, there were no exits but the one I made in the ceiling. 
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:28 PM »

That is a power for server admins.

can I be a server admin?
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »

Why don't we have animals yet?  Also, an idea. We should make exploding creepers!! boom!
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »

1. Caves are naturally occuring geographic features that are characterized by open space underground. They do not need an entrance/exit to be caves.

2. If you make your own server, yes. Paul values the security of his server, so he doesn't just dole out adminship to people.

3. We don't have animals yet for more reasons than I feel like listing. They will come when they come.

And creepers are copywritten so no.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »

1. Caves are naturally occuring geographic features that are characterized by open space underground. They do not need an entrance/exit to be caves.

2. If you make your own server, yes. Paul values the security of his server, so he doesn't just dole out adminship to people.

3. We don't have animals yet for more reasons than I feel like listing. They will come when they come.

And creepers are copywritten so no.

How do I make my own server? Is it complicated? And more importantly, do the landscape of the servers look the same or is randomly generated?  
I am wondering if I make my own server, if I will have to find a new hole in the ground or if I will be able to find the same one I am looking for in this server.  
I already know where it is, its just really really far out there.

And the creatures I am referring to wouldn't have to be exactly creepers per-say.  Just nice to have something that explodes and takes out a sizable chunk of the ground when it does so you don't have to dig block by block all the time.  Just get near a bunch of exploding things and run like hell when they start making sizzling "Im about ready to explode" sounds.

And speaking of exploding.  Do we already have something like that yet tool-wise, or am I just hoping in vain that I missed something?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:46:14 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 11:58:48 PM »

How do I make my own server? Is it complicated?

Third item on the index: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=1084.0

And more importantly, do the landscape of the servers look the same or is randomly generated?  
I am wondering if I make my own server, if I will have to find a new hole in the ground or if I will be able to find the same one I am looking for in this server.  

If you use the same world seed then you will get the same world... right down to the stars in the sky.  (Not including player added stuff of course.)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 02:16:48 AM »

And more importantly, do the landscape of the servers look the same or is randomly generated?  

If you use the same world seed then you will get the same world... right down to the stars in the sky.  (Not including player added stuff of course.)

What is the world seed for the current map?  The one everyone is on with all their loads of player added stuff?

Also, is a stand alone server just like being in single player mode or is it just like online mode but I'm in control of the server?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:27:23 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »

If you use the same world seed then you will get the same world... right down to the stars in the sky.  (Not including player added stuff of course.)

What is the world seed for the current map?  The one everyone is on with all their loads of player added stuff?

Also, is a stand alone server just like being in single player mode or is it just like online mode but I'm in control of the server?

Stand alone server runs a server.  You have to log into the server just log you log into my server.

The default world is world 0.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »

Stand alone server runs a server.  You have to log into the server just log you log into my server.

The default world is world 0.

Yes but is it an online server? Can other people join in like they join in your server?  I'm just a bit confused due to the "Stand alone" part.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 11:12:14 PM »

Yes but is it an online server? Can other people join in like they join in your server?  I'm just a bit confused due to the "Stand alone" part.

Back in the days of dinosaurs and cars you pushed around with your feet, there were games that could run a server right in the game client.  You could select "Multiplayer" and then "Host Server" or somesuch.  Often these games had a separate "standalone server" that did not include the game client and could just run a separate server that anyone could connect to.

So the Mythruna stand-alone server is a server that stands alone, separate from the game client.  In fact, it includes no game client code at all.  If you run it... it's just a server, standing alone, waiting for people to connect.

"Server" implies that it will server, though.... so yes, it will allow clients to connect to it.  (I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons for creating a server that wouldn't... but I'm not very imaginative at the moment. Wink)

It will be as "online" as you make it as probably already covered in those pages linked.  For example, if you want people on the internet to connect to your server then obviously you will need to make it accessible to the internet in some way.  Put it on a public host.  Or port forward through your firewall, etc..

I _strongly_ advise against running a server over a wifi connection for all of the same reasons you crash all the time connecting to my server... you'd be doing that to all of your players, even the ones with decent hard-line connections.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 12:19:41 AM »

This is a mix of a question and a suggestion really.

I noticed there isnt any paint in the game.  Is this on purpose or am I just not finding them?
If its on purpose, I suggest making paint.  On my tablet I have a single player game that is a lot like this.  It is called survivalcraft. 
In survival craft you can drag a bucket of paint onto a block, and depending on the type of block, it might change to the color of paint you spilled on it.
Things such as wooden planks, various types of stone and even bricks can be painted a different color than what they start out with.
Basalt, granite, limestone... all sorts of things.

Might be nice to be able to be able to paint something the correct color.  I was hoping to build Big Ben at some point in mythruna. 
But right now, with the lack of being able to paint things, the only way I am going to be able to do that is if I use sand. 
The only thing I have found that is the correct color.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »

The full moon on mythruna resembles a penguin.  Is this on purpose or just happenstance? Either way it's adorable.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »

This is a mix of a question and a suggestion really.

I noticed there isnt any paint in the game.  Is this on purpose or am I just not finding them?
If its on purpose, I suggest making paint.  On my tablet I have a single player game that is a lot like this.  It is called survivalcraft. 
In survival craft you can drag a bucket of paint onto a block, and depending on the type of block, it might change to the color of paint you spilled on it.
Things such as wooden planks, various types of stone and even bricks can be painted a different color than what they start out with.
Basalt, granite, limestone... all sorts of things.

Might be nice to be able to be able to paint something the correct color.  I was hoping to build Big Ben at some point in mythruna. 
But right now, with the lack of being able to paint things, the only way I am going to be able to do that is if I use sand. 
The only thing I have found that is the correct color.
Kinda seems like something that wouldn't exactly meet the theme of mythruna tbh. That's just my two cents though, maybe it could work in the creative part of mythruna.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: