Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 11:46:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Modern Creations  (Read 10091 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:36:53 AM »

Soo I was on the game the other day and there was this person on there whining about how annoyed/upset he was that there were modern things in a mideval game.

Well lets hope he doesn't see these amazing pictures.

1. the hindenburg
http://i.imgur.com/dARcf7D.png

1.NASA space shuttle
http://i.imgur.com/Bc9vLUl.jpg
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 02:26:56 AM »

Yeah, people build what they want... who am I to say they are wrong?

I myself build mostly fantasy-medieval stuff but I did build a sci-fi underwater base under the enterprise.. complete with hidden island entrance.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:58 AM »

AGHCK! NERD POLES IN THE FIRST IMAGE! KILL THEM WITH FIRE! D:

On topic, it's quite amazing that people manage to pull off modern builds despite the very... biased aesthetic. Personally, I find it rather difficult to exploit the blocks in such a way, but I've only made two or three attempts at it. My skills in modern building design have improved greatly after performing a great deal of exploits in the genre on Minecraft. Perhaps I'll try my hand at it when my current projects have been completed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:50:20 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »

On topic, it's quite amazing that people manage to pull off modern builds despite the very... biased aesthetic. Personally, I find it rather difficult to exploit the blocks in such a way, but I've only made two or three attempts at it. My skills in modern building design have improved greatly after performing a great deal of exploits in the genre on Minecraft. Perhaps I'll try my hand at it when my current projects have been completed.

Don't get me started with the nerd poles.  They were all over the place!! If someone cant afford the time to get rid of the poles when they are done with their project, they shouldn't be on this game at all.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:52:07 PM »

Don't get me started with the nerd poles.  They were all over the place!! If someone cant afford the time to get rid of the poles when they are done with their project, they shouldn't be on this game at all.

Well, they may not be from the builders... They could just as well be made by random explorers.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:50:56 AM »

Well, they may not be from the builders... They could just as well be made by random explorers.

And given their location, might have even been folks just trying to get a better look at whatever the construction was around there.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »

And given their location, might have even been folks just trying to get a better look at whatever the construction was around there.

Though... Perhaps the several hundred people trying to get a better look need to be cleaned up after. A janitor wouldn't hurt. xD

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

Though... Perhaps the several hundred people trying to get a better look need to be cleaned up after. A janitor wouldn't hurt. xD

When the server was more popular, people would clean them up.

I was going to start saying "In the real game..." but really in the real game it might be slightly less likely already since people would have had to dig them up first.  Though it never stops it in Minecraft.  I still think the casual nature of infinite blocks right when you start out encourages it more in Mythruna.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 06:07:50 PM »

Not very likely.  Most of those nerd poles are well within someone's protected stronghold. 
I know if I saw some random tower of dirt or stone near my structure that I didn't put there, I would take the time to remove it.

So I think most of those nerd poles were probably made by the creator of the structures and was too lazy to take it down after.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: