Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 01:24:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My "real life" world...  (Read 9183 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:05:06 AM »

Thought some of you might find this remotely interesting before I remove the released items and reorganize:

I keep notes, designs, and to-do lists on the computer but I get a visceral feeling from hand written lists and it's nice to have a wall to stare at with load of inspiration.  Normally the board is pretty tame except the week leading up to a release.  I keep a list of things on the right to "work on when I have time".  I don't think there are any spoilers there. Smiley 

The faces on the bottom are courtesy of my daughter.
MadJack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

It starts with faces doodling then the next step will be code correction and forward-thinking implementations on that white board. You'll also get brainstorming, shot-down-in-flames concepts and finally a gaping father giving oddly weird looks to his daughter. Wink

I also have a white board to take notes. Only it's in the locker room. :| Not as useful as yours.
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »

Pretty faces eh eh. Grin
I would love to have a white board too, but for now I only have my computer to take notes. Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »

It's funny because while I really like whiteboards in my day job, I went back and forth on whether to get another one for the house. (I have a small one within arm's reach of where I sit).

But I'm glad I got one.  There is just something about standing up in front of the whiteboard and writing on that vertical surface that gives the brain a little change-up.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

Standing up to a whiteboard and writing on it takes you back to the days of going to school in modern times.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »

I'm in a PhD program and I have to say that I live and breath via whiteboards. I'm actually planning on buying a full size one for my house. Something about writing on a big scale and having the ability to connected everything.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »

I'm in a PhD program and I have to say that I live and breath via whiteboards. I'm actually planning on buying a full size one for my house. Something about writing on a big scale and having the ability to connected everything.

I have the big one on the wall and smaller one behind me in arm's reach that I use for quick notes (usually job related since Mythruna has taken over the large one completely).

If you can afford it, definitely get the ceramic coated metal kind.  Don't settle for the cheap melamine... they are pretty bad.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks Paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: