Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 01:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accoustics  (Read 4091 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »

This is another question on an offhand feature I'm wondering about. So, you know how sound travels, I assume. Big rooms with solid surfaces have lots of echo, a desert allows a speaker to project their voice farther than in a jungle, etc...

But how will Mythruna's sound be? (Honestly, anything better than Minecraft's "sound-penetrates-solid-stone" system is welcome, but I like knowing all the juicy specifics on the subject.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:30:15 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:40:01 PM »

Eventually, sound will work similarly to light in that it will sort of propagate block to block.

So, yeah, if you are in a closed stone room then you won't hear the sound through the wall.  It won't be 100% realistic but it should provide some more interesting experience than hearing zombie moans through the walls.

Smell will work similarly.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »

Eventually, sound will work similarly to light in that it will sort of propagate block to block.

So, yeah, if you are in a closed stone room then you won't hear the sound through the wall.  It won't be 100% realistic but it should provide some more interesting experience than hearing zombie moans through the walls.

Smell will work similarly.

I wish we could thumbs up posts because of you. xD

Anywho, again, I can't help but be impressed by how much you want to flesh out things that certain other... multimillion dollar companies that shant be named... neglect to do. The culmination of your plans will be a grand one, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:48:45 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: