Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 12:41:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hygiene in Mythruna?  (Read 9595 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »

Half the setup is more or less already present -- you have the smell HUD to facilitate it visually.

I can imagine that a human not bathing would be disastrous, but anything with fur or feathers wouldn't be as affected by BO. Reptilians should be more or less BO-free, as you'd probably know if you've ever come in contact with a reptile irl. Keeping clean would have the benefit of improving stealth (unless you cover yourself in mud on purpose), and would probably help you in most social situations. It would probably only be of concern every couple days at most.

Hygiene would also extend to clothing as well, I'd assume. Sweat-soaked pantaloons are real lady killers... and not in a good way. Wringing out the clothes in a river or thoroughly washing them with a scrubbing board and a posser (technically the other way around -- possing to get the dust out and scrubbing with the board at a river or in a tub of water). Over time, perhaps clothes could become stained too? Then, periodically, the player may want to sun-bleach their garments.

I'm probably getting a little too deep into it now, but it'd be cool if houses could get dusty when there are lots of linens and foot traffic.

I'm not an expert on medieval laundry duty, but it doesn't seem like something that would be overly taxing on the player -- a dip in a river every once in a while to keep clean, and scrubbing your clothes when they get grimey.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:24:47 PM »

We'll see.  Didn't want to leave this hanging but neither do I have a better response for it. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:10:18 AM »

We'll see.  Didn't want to leave this hanging but neither do I have a better response for it. Smiley

If you do it, please make the smell-indicator show a bunch of butts when you're near someone with BO. xD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: