Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:39:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spicing things up. - And Mythruna news!  (Read 10277 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »

This is kind of an update, kind of a rant(at least, I think so), and a reminder for myself(and others) about the projects that are still in the works. For whatever reason, I've been really self conscious about making posts lately... not sure why, but there are things that I want to say.

So, this morning I've been thinking about how to spice things up around here, since I more or less check this forum every twenty minutes and seeing no activity for several days is kind of soul-rending. The first order of business was, naturally, to rerender my avatar. If you paid attention to it before, you'd notice that it was pretty dark and washed out. But no more! Now, it's bright, shiny, and HD. I'm probably more proud of that than I should be, but... it took about five hours for me to get the rendering perfect. xD

I've been struggling wrt ideas, suffice to say. I've been here for... what? Over a year now, right? It was sometime in June of 2014, and the solution was obvious then. It worked, too. That... was a long time ago. It feels like an eternity since then. You tend to run out of ideas after a while though, which kinda sucks... I'm not really motivated to work on the RP handbook without ebag being active, which also kinda sucks because that could be really cool(though a bit convoluted for the DM) if I ever complete the system(Though, I completely understand that he has a life to live). Posting ideas now and again helped a little I suppose... and the various community projects we did with the wiki and Reddit also livened things up a bit as of late, but I may just be burning out at this point. I dunno.

So... yeah. This is more a post about how I'm failing to spice things up. xD

For those that don't check in often or are new around here, here's the news from the past few months.

• This community recently repossessed the subreddit /r/mythruna and we're in the process of redesigning it. The stylesheet for the Mythruna subreddit will be added to and adjusted for quite a while as we try our best to refine the look ("we" meaning Sean, since I know nothing about CSS). The subreddit is quite inactive, as you might imagine, but everyone's welcome to drop a line there.

• The Mythruna wiki, as of about a month ago has documentation on 'all' of the in-game features and blocks. Documentation on future features and lore, however, has not been added.

• Something may be happening to the table of contents soon... Smiley
  • You've probably been living under a rock or just never check the blog section if this is news, but Paul has developed and continues to develop lots of open-source tools and recently opened a Patreon page.

And of course, there are a few projects that are still in the works or things that need to get done. If you're interested, some of the projects are open to user contribution.

• Back in April, I proposed the addition of emoticons made by the community and got the go-ahead for it. This is an ongoing project, but few of us are particularly good (pixel) artists... which complicates things.

• As noted previously, the Mythruna wiki lacks documentation on planned features and existing lore. If (and ONLY if) you would like to contribute to the wiki, you can request an account from Paul.

• The Mythruna subreddit stylesheet is, of course, a WIP as well. Sean may be open to collaboration on that, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:44:05 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »

I'd have more to show if I wasn't so lazy  Grin. Come thursday I should have time to tinker with the ideas we were throwing around earlier.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »

if I wasn't so lazy

You don't know lazy, Sean.

Only I know what it means to be lazy around here.

I'm practically like that person that sat on a couch for six years.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »

FYI: one of the reasons I've been communicating less the past couple weeks is because I had a close relative die (an uncle that was kind of like an older brother) and the travel and planning for travel on top of an already busy schedule has left little time for anything else.

So I should be around a bit more barring any new life issues cropping up.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:09:13 AM »

FYI: one of the reasons I've been communicating less the past couple weeks is because I had a close relative die (an uncle that was kind of like an older brother) and the travel and planning for travel on top of an already busy schedule has left little time for anything else.

Ah. I noticed on like the 29th that you hadn't logged in since the 27th. I was afraid of all the worst case scenarios today. I didn't expect that one, though. I'm not sure if this helps at all, but a wise man once said, "Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men."

So I should be around a bit more barring any new life issues cropping up.

There will likely come a point when life issues will just stop happening to you. Maybe this is that point.

Then again, I'm kind of basing that assumption off my childhood.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: