Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 05:48:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical Study: Glass  (Read 3456 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »

I'm trying something new to get people discussing. Presumably, if you're here, you at least have some latent interest in historical items and practices. This new type of discussion is a bit more academic in nature, but we will hopefully learn valuable information about the histories of different items, materials, and events.

This will be a weekly(or biweekly if people are slow to post) discussion, as the reading is much more demanding than "The Discussion". I will mostly refrain from making any commentary in the OP, so you can form your own conclusions.

This week's discussion topic is glass. What better way to start the series than by discussing the material of our mascot? Cheesy

For this discussion, I highly recommend visiting the website "The History of Glass". It summarizes the  discovery, manufacture, and use of glass historically and contemporarily without being overly vague or too long; the articles are informative while still being enjoyable to read.

For people who are more visually stimulated, the Corning Museum of Glass has a catalog of historical European glassworks you can view.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:43:57 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »

Glass is cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: