Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:21:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Statue Construction Phase 2: Building!  (Read 70369 times)
Aeferian

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »

Got it. You might want to check your work, though...

"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous."
-Confucius
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 05:21:31 PM »

Got it. You might want to check your work, though...

Woops. Missed a couple letters. Oh well.

Aeferian

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »

I figured as much.   Roll Eyes

-Confucius
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »

I figured as much.   Roll Eyes

Oh, hush. It was still perfectly readable.

Aeferian

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »

It is my opinion that those letters are of the utmost import.

-Confucius
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »

It is my opinion that those letters are of the utmost import.

You must go on witch hunts when the pineapples disapplear from your home.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »

Just... eight days? My work really does eat away at my sense of time, doesn't it? It feels like nearly a month since I made that post about fruit... and the statue feels like it was built a whole season ago.

... heh. We had a bit of an accident yesterday. I'm fine, but feeling the cartilage crunch when I try moving my leg is a little scary. Hopefully it heals quickly... not that I really have anywhere to go.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:40:08 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 04:31:41 PM »

Oh dear. We haven't had a dip in activity like this in a long time.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 05:01:22 PM »

Oh dear. We haven't had a dip in activity like this in a long time.

For my own part, I also apologize.  I've been hoping to say something about what I'm working on but things keep getting in the way.  I've hinted here and there a little.

For example, I expected to have a 'hardcode coding' weekend but Friday afternoon my work machine's hard drive died.  I took this as an opportunity to buy+build my own new beefy workstation so that I can do day job work on one of my own machines for a change.  (The corporate build of this laptop makes it truly impossible for me to do my own tech support on recovering the hard drive so I'm stuck with a dead machine all weekend. Sad )

Anyway, my cool time coding a general inventory panel for The Muddy Rogue turned into OS Install + dev environment setup.

It's a nice machine though... AMD 8 core thing with 32 GB of RAM, 2 3 TB hard drives, and a GTX 960 in it.  Retail therapy at its finest.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »

For my own part, I also apologize.  I've been hoping to say something about what I'm working on but things keep getting in the way.  I've hinted here and there a little.

For example, I expected to have a 'hardcore coding' weekend but Friday afternoon my work machine's hard drive died.  I took this as an opportunity to buy+build my own new beefy workstation so that I can do day job work on one of my own machines for a change.  (The corporate build of this laptop makes it truly impossible for me to do my own tech support on recovering the hard drive so I'm stuck with a dead machine all weekend. Sad )

Anyway, my cool time coding a general inventory panel for The Muddy Rogue turned into OS Install + dev environment setup.

It's a nice machine though... AMD 8 core thing with 32 GB of RAM, 2 3 TB hard drives, and a GTX 960 in it.  Retail therapy at its finest.

Hey, now. No need to apologize. There's only one thing on here that would warrant an apology from you, and that'd be you dropping Mythruna... which you'd never do. If anything, I'm more happy for you that you got the chance to treat yourself to a weekend of building a beast of a computer.

Of course, many of my satisfactions are vicarious.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:08:27 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:21 AM »

I also took the afternoon off an played a board game with my son. (Lords of Waterdeep)

I have to show him that cool games aren't all electronic... just most of them. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 02:35:58 AM »

I also took the afternoon off an played a board game with my son. (Lords of Waterdeep)

I have to show him that cool games aren't all electronic... just most of them. Smiley

Well, most board games and card games have been migrated to a digital platform in some way or another. Even when physical games become prohibitively unprofitable to produce, their legacies will live on in technology.

I did some research and Lords  of Waterdeep is already a mod in tabletop simulator. There's also a few standalone variants. Tabletop sim looks like a really good investment for people that like the authentic board game experience. Hell, with all the features it has, it's better than any physical board game.

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 03:22:58 AM »

Speaking of constructing things... Rayblon, what blocks did you use to create your little pinapple mascot there?
I assume you made it in-game.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:08 AM »

Ooh catchy name!  Henceforth the islands that pspeed's mansion is going to be on and that the church of origin are on are called the waterdeep islands.  Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 04:11:41 AM »

Note: it's a cool game if you have someone to play board games with:
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/board-games/lords-waterdeep

It will definitely influence some of Mythruna's internal systems, I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: