Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pspeed's mansion  (Read 25389 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »

Soo it took awhile cause real life has been taking me away from the game a bit but I think I might have finally found a place to set up the mansion.

A nearby island... or rather now an island that was once a peninsula before I destroyed the little bit of land that connected it to the rest of the island.
Just a hop skip and a jump from the church of origin island. 

I will put up some images once I get the mansion started up.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »

Note: the bottom image is a tavern called "The Muddy Rogue"... which by the way is also the name of the game it is sitting in.

"The Muddy Rogue" works as a tavern/inn name but it's also kind of a double joke name.

Rogue being a cool old ASCII based RPG that has been redone enough as tile-based graphics games that it's now a whole 'rogue-like' genre.

MUD = multi-user dungeon being an old form of online text adventure, heavily RPG based, and sometimes even with ASCII graphics interfaces but mostly not.

So I thought "The Muddy Rogue" was a fitting name for a multi-user rogue-like game.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »

Note: the bottom image is a tavern called "The Muddy Rogue"... which by the way is also the name of the game it is sitting in.

"The Muddy Rogue" works as a tavern/inn name but it's also kind of a double joke name.

Rogue being a cool old ASCII based RPG that has been redone enough as tile-based graphics games that it's now a whole 'rogue-like' genre.

MUD = multi-user dungeon being an old form of online text adventure, heavily RPG based, and sometimes even with ASCII graphics interfaces but mostly not.

So I thought "The Muddy Rogue" was a fitting name for a multi-user rogue-like game.

Oh. I thought it was the second floor for the mansion.   An inn is good too. I'll put that near the mansion then. 

Yes the muddy rogue is fitting cause rogues are usually pretty muddy.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 08:03:29 PM »

Oh. I thought it was the second floor for the mansion.   An inn is good too. I'll put that near the mansion then. 

Nah, the mansion is just an example picture that came with the sprite set.  Useful for figuring out how the tiles work.

The Inn is my own game though I manually added the people and furniture to it. (I can currently add furniture for real now but haven't added all the pieces yet as I can't add them in game... only by code so far.)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:05 PM »

Just going to hide this in here: https://trello.com/b/ywJ5G0Tw/the-muddy-rogue

I haven't been able to work on anything for a few days because of work + wife out of town.  I'd like to get to something we can all play soon.  More on 'why the side track' another time.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:19 PM »

I haven't been able to work on anything for a few days because of work + wife out of town.  I'd like to get to something we can all play soon.  More on 'why the side track' another time.

"error board not found."
"this board may be private. you may be able to view it by logging in."

I don't have an account so I cant see it.  Sad
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

"error board not found."
"this board may be private. you may be able to view it by logging in."

I don't have an account so I cant see it.  Sad

An account wouldn't matter... I accidentally left it private.  It's public now.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »

Ok I having taken a closer look at the mansion image on top, I am sad to say I don't think the one in-game will be completely accurate.  The cuckoo clock for instance is difficult to make with the pieces in the game so I may have to leave that out.  

As well as the statue in the back of the room unless I can figure out what its supposed to be.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:31:04 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »

Here is the great tower on the church of origin island that leads to an underground tunnel below the ocean, to stop at the foot of the hill on the other island where I will be building the great mansion.

I hope it works on your screens better than mine. it just shows a square with an X through it, indicating the image cannot be seen for some reason.
Not sure why.

https://imgur.com/JYKzz8q  <<here is the link to the image for those that cant see it on here like me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:13:34 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 09:34:36 PM »

Here is a map of the island that the mansion will be on.

Link below.

https://imgur.com/1hFvDCu

coordinates are 2525.55 - 3140.26

No mansion on there yet as I just finished the underground tunnel, but it will be there soon.

And I think people will enjoy the glass elevator going up to the above ground from the underground tunnel.  
Its really just a glass tower from underground reaching up to the foot of the hill where the mansion will one day be,
but It looks pretty neat if I can say so myself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:03:45 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 06:15:01 PM »

Here is a map of the island that the mansion will be on.

Link below.

https://imgur.com/1hFvDCu

coordinates are 2525.55 - 3140.26

No mansion on there yet as I just finished the underground tunnel, but it will be there soon.

And I think people will enjoy the glass elevator going up to the above ground from the underground tunnel.  
Its really just a glass tower from underground reaching up to the foot of the hill where the mansion will one day be,
but It looks pretty neat if I can say so myself.

Cool looking island you got there:

Looks a little like the island in the sci-fi book I just started reading:
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 06:51:13 PM »

Well it wasn't originally an island.  That tiny canal at the top that separates it from the island to the left, used to not be there.

It used to be one big island. But I chopped down a few trees and got rid of a bunch of dirt and sand and now its an island.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »

Ok someone needs to give me the mythruna version of the dimensions of these places.

I tried attributing what I thought was the correct dimensions based on calculating the space in the pictures with those singular posts sticking out near the bottom of the interior of the muddy rogue as a measuring basis.

Didn't work so well in-game.  Got the dimensions all screwy.  Need help figuring out the correct length and width of these places please. Got almost finished with the base structure of the muddy rogue only to figure out it is way too small in-game.  Not sure where I went wrong. Help please.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »

As you can see here, ignoring the obvious obstruction of the trees, I went step by step as the image for the muddy rogue showed and to show for it I got this.  

In-game, I ended up with this mess.  Not sure where I went wrong.

Probably something to do with the difference of size in the in-game block tiles and the stuff in the image, now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:44:02 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: