Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 02:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pspeed's mansion  (Read 25394 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:49 AM »

Well, this:

Indicates that even in the scale you are dealing with, you have miscounted somewhere.

Everything is on a grid, so generally you can just find something else to line something up:

Just remember if you are dealing with the bottom or the top of a wall when you are placing a block.  I think you placed based on the top in some cases and the bottom in others.

You probably want to pick a fixed scale and go from there.  I'm not sure what scale will work but I'm guessing 2:1... so use 2 Mythruna block dimensions for every muddy rogue tile.  I think that even works out for the tables and chairs.  The doorways will be two wide but then you can use half block borders to make the hole smaller for a door.  (Eventually those will be solid blocks with a door overlay so it will be basically the same.)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »

Are you using 1 pixel to 1 block ratio? If not, it might be necessary; if that's not working, try increasing the amount, but a 1:1 ratio should work, or at least I'd expect.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »

Are you using 1 pixel to 1 block ratio? If not, it might be necessary; if that's not working, try increasing the amount, but a 1:1 ratio should work, or at least I'd expect.

I did my best to look at the picture and determine it's size and I went one block per square of the floor tiles in the picture.  I came out with what you see now.  So I'm gonna do the suggestion and go two squares per tile now.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 11:45:37 AM »

Yeah soo this is on hold for the time being.  I keep trying to do it and Im just having difficulty figuring out the layers here.

Cant do it for more than a half an hour at the most before I am pulling at my hair in frustration.  trying to figure out the differences between the picture and the actual in-game block tiles is maddening.  I tried everything every one has suggested so far and I still come up short.   Unless I run into someone in-game that can help me build this, I think this is just going to have to wait till I can figure out the logic of this. 
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 04:46:18 AM »

feel free to view the progress I've made to the tavern so far.
I think I figured out the block spanning situation.
Just had to understand how to extend the block length outward a bit to part the seams more fluidly.

The rest will come later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:29:21 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 09:19:39 PM »

Lol it's like I'm watching paint dry.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »

Lol it's like I'm watching paint dry.

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't really have a set reference to tell apart the "muddy rogue" block spacing and the mythruna version and the concept was really stressing me out. Had to take a break for a bit.

I have that disorder where if something stresses me out too much, I have a little minor mental break down for a bit.
It isn't pretty.

But break over, I am back now and I am ready to finish the tavern.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:14:10 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: