Mythruna
March 19, 2024, 01:50:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat Lounge  (Read 196690 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

Also what on earth happened here: Most Online Ever: 391 (November 29, 2018, 01:31:15 AM)

Heheh.

Looking at the date, I bet that was after I did my post about the sanity tracker stuff maybe... then I posted a link to the blog post around to a few places.  Probably brought in a lot of unusual guest traffic.
Sk.Faker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2019, 06:55:58 AM »

Hello! Can anyone help?
The updated system on win 10 and can not now connect to its own server (on the same computer).
For any of the addresses: 127.0.0.1, domain name or ip address.
It gives "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect".

I checked all the settings, the firewall, I don’t have a router ... I don’t understand the reason.

And... I can't connect to mythruna.game-host.org
It's work? "Connection timed out: connect"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:59:39 AM by Sk.Faker » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2019, 12:27:42 AM »

Hello! Can anyone help?
The updated system on win 10 and can not now connect to its own server (on the same computer).
For any of the addresses: 127.0.0.1, domain name or ip address.
It gives "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect".

I checked all the settings, the firewall, I don’t have a router ... I don’t understand the reason.

And... I can't connect to mythruna.game-host.org
It's work? "Connection timed out: connect"

mythruna.game-host.org has been down for a while now... though I have the hardware to hopefully bring it back up soon.

As to the other, I think it has to be a firewall or a permissions issue.  Like, the server didn't have permission to open the port or your client doesn't have permission to connect.

...note: any minecraft server would have similar issues so maybe there are articles on how to get win10 working.  I don't have it here (and will put it off as long as possible) so I can't help directly.

P.S.: this probably deserved its own thread instead of tacking onto the chat thread.
Sk.Faker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2019, 03:15:48 AM »

I see, thanks. I will look. 10 wines in general is a very problematic thing.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2019, 12:26:40 AM »

In honor of going a month without a single post, I suggest a dust mechanic that slowly makes abandoned buildings dusty as this train seat.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:50:07 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2019, 12:53:12 AM »

Speaking of game mechanics, this video shows some pretty neat properties of fire, electricity and light that might make for some interesting interactions and features. Namely, the idea of using nonvisible light and electricity being able to 'spread' through fire, in a sense, due to the ionization of the air.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2019, 02:46:55 AM »

In honor of going a month without a single post, I suggest a dust mechanic that slowly makes abandoned buildings dusty as this train seat.

One of my very first software development jobs, a bunch of us worked in one relatively small room with no partitions or anything.  The guy who sat in the desk in the middle of the room was pretty funny sometimes.  Like, randomly just blurting out, "Hey guys, if I had my own office then I could sit here without any pants and no one would know."

Anyway, one day he was crawling out from under his desk after running some cables and smack the seat of his chair.  Puffs of dust came out as will happen with almost any chair.  He pointed and said, "Farts of Christmas past..."

I still chuckle about that sometimes.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2019, 07:40:59 PM »

"This server could not prove that it is mythruna.com; its security certificate expired 122 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. "

I don't know if you've been getting this or not but this error has been happening lately. NBD, but thought you should know.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2019, 12:19:02 AM »

"This server could not prove that it is mythruna.com; its security certificate expired 122 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. "

I don't know if you've been getting this or not but this error has been happening lately. NBD, but thought you should know.

Yeah, someone else pointed it out also.  The cert has expired and I'm not in a position to renew it right now.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »

Reworld seems interesting.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2019, 01:40:33 PM »

How are things going?

I'm working on getting a job at Lowe's. That's most of my excitement lately.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2019, 06:42:41 PM »

How are things going?

I'm working on getting a job at Lowe's. That's most of my excitement lately.

Good luck on the job.

Things are going ok here... frustratingly slow.  I made some important engine decisions over spring break (in April) to finalize some "what will be and what won't be".  Meant to make a big post about it but wanted to finalize some things and shoot some video first.  Well, here we are so many weeks later and my weekends have not been my own.

On the other hand, I've been participating in an only "Music Weeklies" challenge... so I finally put a bunch of music up on SoundCloud.
https://soundcloud.com/paul-speed-124748777
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »

Heh heh. I spent a good while just reading through old replies to this thread. The chat lounge is a time capsule of sorts and I love it. Granted, a good chunk of it is us talking about the lack of activity, but it's still nice.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »

Nice.  It has been fun watching you all evolve over the years... even in little snippets.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2019, 07:22:03 PM »

*Peers menacingly at the 12-year-old me who made stupid comments.*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: