Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:09:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat Lounge  (Read 197320 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2016, 11:40:17 AM »

Oh dear. Has there ever been a slump in activity like this before? ._.

Probably not.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »

Probably not.

Ah well. I guess, on the bright side, we're breaking a record. Just not the record anyone expected us to break.

urt98

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »

How's ever thing going so far? It's been like two years since I got on.  Cry
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 12:29:05 AM »

How's ever thing going so far? It's been like two years since I got on.  Cry

Right now, Paul is still working on updating Mythruna's networking in a big way. It's slow going, but  the new networking engine is in working order, and is opensource(which is netting him free labor in bugtesting and such). The networking library or engine or whatever is called Simethereal. He's pretty much preparing for when he next has a sizable block of time to dedicate to Mythruna so he can implement it into the game, to my understanding.

After that, I think he still has some work to do with the physics engine and adding entities.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:13:39 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

Yeah, Rayblon kind of has it right.  I'm trying to optimize my time as much as possible.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »

Welp, it's Halloween soon. Activity is low enough at this point that it feels like a waste to make new topics for these kinds of questions. You guys have any plans for Halloween this year?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 01:38:51 AM »

Taking the kids trick-or-treating... that's pretty much it.  Nothing particularly exciting.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »

Taking the kids trick-or-treating... that's pretty much it.  Nothing particularly exciting.

I'll be doing literally nothing so that's still a step up from what I've got planned. xD

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:29 AM »

The daughter wanted to decorate the house for Halloween this year.  We normally don't... but as is often the case with dads, I'm more or less powerless to resist such requests from her.

Here they are following instructions on hand-crafting a spider web:

And the finished product:

I did the big web with the giant black spider.  I was tying the cat to the rail when it started to pour rain... I thought it made the scene look extra spooky so I took a picture.

Some day I will actually finish the railing on the wheel chair ramp and we won't be able to do the bottom spider web... but for now it works.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

-snip-

Nice! We didn't even set pumpkins out this year, ourselves. Between work and college most of the fam just wanted a break today. I don't think any of us would have the patience to manually make the decorations like that, and they look great!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:27:04 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2016, 10:52:49 PM »

-snip-

Nice! We didn't even set pumpkins out this year, ourselves. Between work and college most of the fam just wanted a break today. I don't think any of us would have the patience to manually make the decorations like that, and they look great!

I guess it took us about an hour... but now my kids have a new appreciation for what handmade fishing nets must take to create.  Smiley

When I was in elementary school, I quite often made spider webs like this using various colors of yarn.  This time I chose white masonry line... which had its disadvantages.

1) it barely stretches so you have to build in all of your slack ahead of time.  (Yarn you can tie pretty tight and still pull the web together after.)
2) it's slippery... not such a big deal for the kids but definitely was for mine.  I ended up having to tie knots in the base string to keep the vertical web from slipping.  That meant I couldn't adjust it artistically after the fact.
3) knots in masonry line are considerably 'thicker' than the line itself.  Yarn is puffy so the knots get hidden... or are smaller.

Anyway, it was fun and the white line definitely "registered" better in the dark.

I ended up twisting a quick palm-sized spider from black pipe-cleaners to hang from the center of the web the kids did.  That's why those strings were hanging down waiting.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2016, 05:43:22 AM »

Man, this year is so warm, even in the winter. We've only just started seeing yellow on our trees and it's still warm enough to forego a jacket. used to be that mid october was when the trees turned and jacket weather kicked in. This year's weather is spoopy. ;c

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:15 PM »

One of my cats got liver failure. I recommended going to the vet when I noticed high urine output specifically from him(which was over 6 months ago, mind you), but the fam decided to sit on it until he got jaundice and it's costing us a life because of it.

... If you're not going to do nonhumans that you care for the service of a biannual vet visit, at least take them to the vet when you see something strange happening. It doesn't matter how small it might seem to you.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:04:07 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2016, 03:39:05 PM »

Yeah, for our dog we have a health plan so we take her for regular checkups, teeth cleanings, etc... she's actually due for another one at the moment.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »

We agreed to put him down when he gave up on preserving himself. We're at the point now where he doesn't even touch gravy(he stopped eating solids on his own ~ 3 days ago) and only drinks water. Looks like tomorrow's the day.  Cry

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: