Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:54:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat Lounge  (Read 197296 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:35 PM »

Grin

P.S.: If any of you will be in the Northern Virginia area on August 3rd... hit me up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:56:08 PM by pspeed » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2019, 08:49:24 AM »

MY BUTTONS NOOO

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2019, 01:42:06 PM »

Did tinypic die or something?
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »

Hi everyone! Figured I'd take a look and see how things are going around here Smiley

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »

Yeah, Tinypic is over.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:22 AM »

It occurs to me that tinypic getting the big oof probably means a bunch of old screenshots were lost to the ether too... rip :C

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2019, 02:57:10 AM »

Always tough when a free service disappears.

Looks like imgur will be around for a while, though.  Maybe if things get busier then some folks can resurrect their images to their or something.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2019, 01:07:32 AM »

Cleaned up the signature line, didn't bother with the flashy buttons for now. For some reason though, i reuploaded my avatar to imgur but it's not sticking.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2019, 02:04:19 AM »

Cleaned up the signature line, didn't bother with the flashy buttons for now. For some reason though, i reuploaded my avatar to imgur but it's not sticking.

Not sure what to say about that.  I assume you used the direct URL and not the landing page URL.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »

signature.clean();
signature.getFlashyButtons().clear();
imgur.upload(avatar).stick();

RuntimeException: command not found: stick();
line 3.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »

Not sure what to say about that.  I assume you used the direct URL and not the landing page URL.

yeah i used https://i.imgur.com/nRcQBPY.png
the odd thing is that it'd show the png in the change avatar page, but would clear the url if i pressed enter or clicked the save changes button.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2020, 09:38:30 AM »

So Paul, do you anticipate a chance at getting more work in due to the whole coronavirus thing? Or are you working from home?

Oh, and best wishes to your wife. Epidemics and pandemics are dark times for people that are immunocompromised, and the US government has been floundering with it to boot. Knowing you, though, she's in good hands.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:51:52 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »

My day job is a telecommuting job... so no special time off for me.

The kids are home from school, though... until mid-April... which means I don't have to get up at 5:30 AM every day.  So that's a bonus.

I had planned to take the week of spring break off from work, do some stuff with the kids, and then get some hardcore game-coding work done.  It remains to be seen if I will still take that time or not now.  (At work, it was a bad week to take it because of scheduling and now with the kids home for a month anyway... and our options for 'stuff to do' are kind of limited anyway.)

I have been pushing some things along a little every weekend.  Lately trying to finalize plans for what the 'far terrain' system will look like and if it's even feasible.  I know I shoe-horned something into the old engine that looked ok but some parts were never done and might have been impossible.  I'm trying to figure all of those things out now.

https://imgur.com/a/Mahv8v7  (without context, these images may not mean much but I'm trying to be more "doing" and less "talking" these days.)

This is a pretty big issue because with 192 clip and slow paging, flying with any sort of fun speed was really stupid.  I'm also hoping to raise the build ceiling a bit (those pics go up to 512 meters) but it remains to be seen if I can actually make that work in the block engine or not.  Lighting is the most problematic area for tall build ceilings.  Currently hoping that treating the world as 256 meter tall layers may have some benefits.

After I have this large scale terrain fully prototyped, with proper write-back, etc... I need to reimplement/port non-cube block shapes from old code and start building the real engine again.

Never seem to have enough time to do things quickly on the calendar, though.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2020, 10:50:36 PM »

Man, that was all the way back in march. It feels like just a couple months ago that i dropped that question despite this being one of the longest years of my life, lol. Time's weird.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2020, 02:05:55 AM »

Nice to see some activity here that isn't spam. Smiley

...for folks who follow my @simsilica twitter... lots of stuff going on recently.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: