Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 07:10:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial Mythruna IRC  (Read 5651 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:39:18 AM »

Anyone can hop on the channel if they feel like it. I'll try to be on as often as possible if you'd like to chat.

Before joining this, you need an IRC client. I suggest HexChat, but I'm far from an authority on IRC clients. Both HexChat and Geekshed are not affiliated with Paul or Mythruna in any way... or me.

If you have a client, join this server:
irc.geekshed.net

If you're new to using IRCs, follow these instructions:

1. Set a nick with "/nick nickname" where nickname is any name of your choice, preferably your screen name on here.

2. Use the command "/msg nickserv register <password> <e-mail>" to begin the registration process for that nickname. You'll need to do this to gain access to the channel.

3. You'll get an email from "services@geekshed.net". Copy the command from that email into the IRC chat

4. Whenever you rejoin that server using the nick you registered, you'll have to use the command "/msg NickServ IDENTIFY <password>". (For HexChat users, you can bind the string to a short command using Settings -> User Commands and adding an alias for it.)

5. Enter "/join #Mythruna", and you should be in. If there's a channel password, it should be kamalak.

Rejoining later is very simple. You just use the command "/nick <nickname>" followed by "/msg nickserv IDENTIFY <password>". Some clients can automate the entire joining process, too.

There are moderator and admin ranks and stuff, so if you've registered a nick and got on the channel, pm me your nick and we can work things out. I'll try to be online as often as possible.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:31:12 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

Is the best IRC chat in all of Gondor.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »

Is the best IRC chat in all of Gondor.

AKA the only IRC chat in Gondor.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »

Well... Sean joined the IRC at least. Lol

We had a nice chat. Cheesy

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »

Note: The IRC actually doesn't require you to register, so you can just hop onto the IRC if you'd like. Only registered nicks can be given staff though.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »

Trimmed the fat, changed the title. I'm still on most days.

Sempor hopped on for a bit too. That was nice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:41:15 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: