Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 05:13:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 7790 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »

As you may know, tattoos have existed in human society since the neolithic era, and has had a presence in European society since the mid to early 1500s, at least.

Now, in game, how would tattoos be implemented meaningfully? Well, I suppose having an interface to 'draw' a tattoo could work, though it may lack the precision of  a prefabricated decal. Tattoos allow for guild  members and  the like to identify with one another quickly, in game. It obviously also serves as a means of character customization.

Since we're on the subject of bod mods, what about piercings in-game?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »

I'd like to support tattoos.  Hadn't really thought about piercings, though.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »

I'd like to support tattoos.  Hadn't really thought about piercings, though.

Heheh. I just figured I'd throw it in because there are some gnarly piercings out there that might gain traction in roleplay and such.

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »

#supportMythicalTattoos

I'd like the idea of piercings too. Perhaps the Simian race specifically love them, and wear different types to show rank in their culture? And 'banished' Simians wear just whatever type they think is cool... which makes them frowned upon all the more in their culture.

Maybe the Avian race doesn't like them specifically, for fear of getting injured in flight with them. Or perhaps it reminds them of wild birds being tagged, and they'd prefer to remain separated.

Humans... pirates! 'nuff said.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:39:18 PM »

I suppose you could probably get energy crystal piercings too.

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »

How about magical storage earrings? You like, take them off, and stuff all of your houses into them, then just put them back onto your ears. Somehow I imagine that's going to happen in Mythruna. If not a default feature of Mythruna, as a mod.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »

You guys should really check out the Mistborn series sometime, by the way.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:34 PM »

Paul, you should ban yourself from reading too. GET TO WORK ON DEM GAME! (I'm just joking)

By the way, how's everything going? I mostly check in on the blogs, but I haven't seen any new updates lately. I like to read everything you post about, helps keep me motivated about all the progress you're making.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 11:51:57 PM »

Paul, you should ban yourself from reading too. GET TO WORK ON DEM GAME! (I'm just joking)

By the way, how's everything going? I mostly check in on the blogs, but I haven't seen any new updates lately. I like to read everything you post about, helps keep me motivated about all the progress you're making.

I'm at the bottom of a several layer pile and trying to dig myself out.  jMonkeyEngine recently split out the SDK from the core engine libraries which leaves a huge hole in tool support... a couple of us are trying to shore up some stuff related to that before 'community input' gets too far afield.

Part and parcel with that was that we pushed out all of the engine-related libraries to normal public repos... which meant I could _FINALLY_ do the same to all of my own related open source projects.

It put some of my own projects on hold.

The Muddy Rogue was being used as a test bed to open source and finish some of the same support code that I use in Mythruna.  Things like object scripting, NPC dialogs, base game systems, and stuff like that are going to end up as a suite of open source game libraries.

I'd been using that to sort of bide my time to work on Mythruna over spring break... as I'd planned to take the week off.

However... as it so happens... my wife will be going out of town for the whole week to visit family and the kids and I are going to use that opportunity to thoroughly clean the house back to some normal state.  So I'm not sure how much Mythruna work I will get to do this week.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: