Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 07:58:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the current status?  (Read 5819 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:27:51 PM »

Where is Mythruna in terms of development? Also Paul, how is your wife fairing? Are there any big plan changes I should know about in general for this game? Just a few questions I have to access how everything is going.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »

Where is Mythruna in terms of development? Also Paul, how is your wife fairing? Are there any big plan changes I should know about in general for this game? Just a few questions I have to access how everything is going.

Around New Years and thanksgiving, Paul's done quite a bit, much of which is documented here. For the past 5 months or so, though, he's been worked to the bone outside of mythruna. As for the development roadmap, I don't believe much has changed.

The statue was constructed early january, if you didn't know.  There's a media blackout until paul gets a look but feel free to check it out. It's by the estate.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:58:02 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:04:05 AM »

Wife is fine... she is off chemo but then they saw another spot.  Not enough of a worry to put her back on chemo but they want to see her again in two months instead of three.  She also still falls a lot and each time that's not a major injury I guess we dodge a bullet.

The past three months or so I've been swamped with other things, life and otherwise.  Work is crazy.  I took spring break off to clean house and didn't end up finishing.  Worked the past two weekends to get the house in a suitable state for my son's birthday party.

Where I can I split Mythruna development out into open source projects that might survive on their own and so I get bug fixes and reports from outside.  Putting together a 2D multiplayer game was part of that... but it's stalled also despite it's simplicity.  Such is life these days.

On the plus side, someone picked up my basically undocumented network library and ran with it... found some bugs and performance tested it with like 800 players or something:
https://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/t/question-to-pspeed-about-his-bit-stream-class/35781/56

So that 'open sourcing' strategy is at least partially paying off.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »

So, I assume the next thing that's going to happen is try to finish everything on your Trello To-Do list Paul?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:28:44 PM »

So, I assume the next thing that's going to happen is try to finish everything on your Trello To-Do list Paul?

Eventually... there are many lists and they all deserve attention.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: