Mythruna
March 18, 2024, 11:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Java update broke stuff  (Read 11219 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »

Just updated java this morning. Simarboreal-editor and Mythruna both showed this error when i tried starting them shortly after:

I haven't tested it on everything, but I'm guessing that this affects more of Paul's games than those two. I'm going to restart my computer to see if that fixes the error, but I thought it was worth reporting it before a restart in case anyone else encounters this. Maybe

EDIT: Restarting did not fix it. I'll probably revert my java back to the previous version for now. For reference, it was java version 8, update 101. If you haven't updated Java yet, I'd hold off on it, if you actively play Mythruna.

Just to be sure, has anyone else gotten that error with the most recent Java update?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:36:25 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »

Ick.

Because of work I very rarely run anything about Java 7.  Kind of sucks that there are issues...
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »

Ick.

Because of work I very rarely run anything above Java 7.  Kind of sucks that there are issues...

It may be an issue of a changed directory. I don't have the current java version to verify anymore, granted, but that's my best (and completely uneducated) guess. Be it your luck, though, it's a change that systematically breaks every line of code in every one of your games.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:03:02 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »

It could also just be a problem with the launch4j exe wrapper.

You might try running something like SimArboreal directly (presuming you are using the .exe version normally... presuming there was an .exe version as my memory is fuzzy and I'm in a rush)...

Anyway, to run directly:
java -jar WhateverTheWrappedApp.exe

For Mythruna that won't really work on its own beyond the startup screen because you'll be running with default memory settings.  For my other stuff, it should work as a test at least.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 05:07:16 PM »

It could also just be a problem with the launch4j exe wrapper.

You might try running something like SimArboreal directly (presuming you are using the .exe version normally... presuming there was an .exe version as my memory is fuzzy and I'm in a rush)...

Anyway, to run directly:
java -jar WhateverTheWrappedApp.exe

For Mythruna that won't really work on its own beyond the startup screen because you'll be running with default memory settings.  For my other stuff, it should work as a test at least.

Simarboreal-editor has an exe, yeah. It was one of the hardest to find exes in the history of exes but it's there. I'll be sure to test this later... after I finish with the documentation. Installing an older version of java is something Oracle seems to go out of their way to make awful for non-developers. xD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:21:11 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 11:03:49 PM »

Since I somehow documented the rest of simarboreal in a single day, I'll get to this tomorrow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: