Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:59:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever consider using Unity?  (Read 4922 times)
voxelgamer

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »

Hi pspeed ever consider using unity instead of jmonkey engine ?

From what ive seen unity is much more easier to use and comes with alot of awesome features that help in development times.
It's just a thought , and from what i see networking is difficult in this engine , its no picnic in unity but its fairly easy if you got experience .

Any thoughts.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »

Hi pspeed ever consider using unity instead of jmonkey engine ?

From what ive seen unity is much more easier to use and comes with alot of awesome features that help in development times.
It's just a thought , and from what i see networking is difficult in this engine , its no picnic in unity but its fairly easy if you got experience .

Any thoughts.

Hi, have you considered writing your posts in Hindi instead of English?  Smiley

That's the equivalent question, really.  Since Unity is not Java and I'm a Java developer.  Personally, I'd rather have my toenails removed with rusty pliers before I'd work on C# or whatever scripting language they have without getting mad $$$.

Unity would either lock me into a specific mode of development that would make Mythruna's goals impossible or I'd have to write a bunch of stuff myself anyway (in a language I find extremely displeasurable).

Implementing networking using jMonkeyEngine is no harder than any other engine.  (BTW, I _wrote_ the networking support in jMonkeyEngine.... and I'm a core dev there.)  Mythruna has some specific issues that make it trickier.  For example, your average Unity game doesn't have to deal with networking synching physics across a whole world that is 100% modifiable by the players.  Things get tricky.

I'd have network integration issues no matter which platform I use.  The difference with jMonkeyEngine is that I can fix the limitations I have right in the engine.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi, have you considered writing your posts in Hindi instead of English?  Smiley

क्यों आप इस संदेश का अनुवाद किया था.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: