Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:08:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Flora Idea Discussion  (Read 51264 times)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 09:14:42 AM »

I definitely noticed that theres more to those ideas than what someone may be able to see at first glance. For story design, adding those dimensions are what captivates people. Or at least that's what captivates me.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »

I definitely noticed that theres more to those ideas than what someone may be able to see at first glance. For story design, adding those dimensions are what captivates people. Or at least that's what captivates me.

Likewise. Black and white stuff is boring because you're basically shoeing a good idea in essence into this box without diverging from it. It's unnatural and pretty much everything in said box has been used in 50 different ways. The ethos of Mythruna always seemed to encompass something deeper than that which is one of the reasons why i admire it so much.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 12:33:01 AM »

It occurs to me that since you made a request of me, it's only fair that you write up a biome concept of your own now, no? c:

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »

Ah heck but I lack creativity! Give me a day or two to think of something  Tongue

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »

Ah heck but I lack creativity! Give me a day or two to think of something  Tongue

The moon garden took a good 2-3 weeks to write, by the by. Most of my ideas take at least ~5 hours of work.

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »

yeesh. gimme a week then lol

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 03:55:44 AM »

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 01:36:47 AM »

Wisp willow

An ethereal looking tree whose leaves are white and long like streamers, with a parallel venation, reminiscent of the hanging cords of leaves on a willow tree. The leaves themselves are extremely lightweight and flexible, so a slight wind is usually enough to make them seem to flutter and flow. In sea echoes, the leaves of these trees would have a slight glow to them, similar to that of echo blocks.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »

yeesh. gimme a week then lol

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »

Rayblon I'm legitimately the worst procrastinator in existence.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 04:20:57 AM »

Rayblon I'm legitimately the worst procrastinator in existence.

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »

Me:

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »

I see sand and water in that parchment. Hmm, what happens when you mix the two, I wonder?  Wink

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »

Just a short one off;

Ember reed

A type of tall, thermophilic grass-like plant native to hotsprings and  rarely other hot, moist areas like swamps. The plant is grey with intermittent orange banding, spawning a teardrop-shaped cluster of foliage at its base. When it goes to seed, it develops a thick stalk with a slightly whiter color than the rest of the plant, with a branching orange and yellow seed head. The stalk and seed head are commonly said to resemble a lit candle wick.

The pollen of this plant is highly sulphuric and rich with other toxic minerals, which can end in the plant or its pollen combusting if it is splashed with water or is exposed to too much water vapor at once. While exposure can make one ill, it isn't especially dangerous unless a large number are intentionally burned..  At normal levels, however, this reaction simply generates a small amount of toxic smoke and heat. The pollen itself is also bioluminescent in some way, though it may be due to the aforementioned reactions. True to its name, the pollen, when ejected, is reminiscent of glowing embers from a fire. While there are no doubt pollinators up to this task, they are highly specialized and extremely defensive of this rare plant.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:26:34 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »

They said those plants weren't a problem until our village hot spring caught on fire and killed everyone there...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: