Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you make anything at home that most people would buy at the store?  (Read 4624 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »

I just got into baking bread(look up the no knead bread recipe) and I think I'll be baking all my bread from here on out. Have any of you turned to the kitchen instead of the grocer for any food items that people would normally buy pre-made? (ie bread, cheese, wine, pasta noodles, etc)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:31:20 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »

I made ketchup once.  We had the ingredients and it seemed easier than driving to the store when we had run out and I needed some for a meal.

...I ended up going out and getting some anyway.  Tongue

I make a lot of my own food but it's usually the stuff you can't really buy.  I cook chicken breasts and then eat off of them for several days.  I keep stuff around to make baked potatoes, salads, etc..  These are interspersed through my more prepared meals.  Though lately I'm on a fish kick.

I do all of my own cooking... it doesn't really count to your question, though.  I buy bread and stuff. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:18:08 PM »

We have a garden, so we have made, and may continue to make, the following:
* Pickles (of many variances)
* Zucchini Relish (most lovely thing in the world. Basically a pickle substitute.)
* Tomato Sauce
* Spaghetti Sauce
* Tomatoes--Canned
* Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
* Bell Peppers
* JalapeƱo Peppers
* Okra (we normally fry it, unbreaded, or in a vegetable soup)

I've made spicy brown mustard to go into a dish one time. We have made homemade bread once or twice. I'm still trying to convince the parents to let me make some homemade chicken breast (there's a rooster I really hate)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: