Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 09:38:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: still under development?  (Read 15179 times)
cHyper

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2018, 04:20:34 PM »

Is this game still under development?

cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 04:43:39 PM »

I contacted Paul Speed @ facebook and he wrote me there following information:

Sort of. A few years ago my wife got brain cancer and I have had to shuffle things around a lot. I have been working towards breaking mythruna up into several different open source libraries and concentrating on building out all of the core libraries. Hopefully this year I might yet start put things back together into something I can start releasing again.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:50:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  Yeah, I post relatively regularly about the progress here.

I'm one of those people who believe that talking about something saps the energy of doing something... so I've been a bit more quiet lately.  I have little energy to spare these days so I keep all of my extra effort for the code.

You can see my most recent post on getting a handle on my life here:
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=2373.0

So far, that's still working.  I have not "broken a chain" yet... though sometimes that means I only did 10-15 minutes of work... it's still better than nothing.
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »

I learned software developers and got some years of professional experience. At the moment, however, I am no longer a developer, but I am busy with games every day.  Shocked

thanks for the inclusion in the forum.  Wink
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

What are the plans of developing Mythruna?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »

Just to keep plugging away when I have the time.

This past week, I've been working on AI scheduling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wpf5Dx3p_o

Best viewed in HD.
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:00:19 PM »

What is current state of developing?
Are there any news or vids?

thx
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »

The current state is that I'm barely finding time to develop right now.  I'm trying to find a way to work it into my schedule.

All of the latest videos are on my youtube channel and any latest news is here or on my twitter feed.  (@simsilica or @mythrunagame)
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 08:55:20 AM »

The current state is that I'm barely finding time to develop right now.  I'm trying to find a way to work it into my schedule.

All of the latest videos are on my youtube channel and any latest news is here or on my twitter feed.  (@simsilica or @mythrunagame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKdBM2Bqvc

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:57:04 AM by cHyper » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »

Not sure what the image was supposed to be because apparently we don't have permission to see it (at least when I clicked on it).

Here is the blog post that goes with that video, I think: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=2505.msg21096#new

I spent the winter holidays playing with water strategies.  While I didn't finalize anything yet, the experiments were encouraging.  I'm experimenting with doing water in a completely different way than any other block engine that I've seen... essentially by not treating it as blocks anymore.  Parts of my approach still feel wrong and counterintuitive but the math and experiments always seem to work out.  So it could just be that we are all too used to blocks of water.  The real test will be optimizing it for "whole oceans".

...so in the near term, I'm focusing on revisiting terrain generation to build some more varied worlds than Mythruna has traditionally had.  But we're getting closer to "new engine"... so close I can almost taste it.
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 05:20:38 AM »

Not sure what the image was supposed to be because apparently we don't have permission to see it (at least when I clicked on it).

Here is the blog post that goes with that video, I think: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=2505.msg21096#new

I spent the winter holidays playing with water strategies.  While I didn't finalize anything yet, the experiments were encouraging.  I'm experimenting with doing water in a completely different way than any other block engine that I've seen... essentially by not treating it as blocks anymore.  Parts of my approach still feel wrong and counterintuitive but the math and experiments always seem to work out.  So it could just be that we are all too used to blocks of water.  The real test will be optimizing it for "whole oceans".

...so in the near term, I'm focusing on revisiting terrain generation to build some more varied worlds than Mythruna has traditionally had.  But we're getting closer to "new engine"... so close I can almost taste it.

any new news about this game?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »

There have been some game related posts on twitter.  https://twitter.com/Simsilica

...but nothing concrete enough to post here yet.  Something soon, I hope.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: