Mythruna
March 19, 2024, 04:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't start in Multiplayer  (Read 17575 times)
Tamarie

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »

Hi.
I haven't visited Mythruna for a while and find that I can't start the Multiplayer game. I've turned off antivirus and firewall and stopped the unresponding Java and tried again, to no avail. I'd love to see that beautiful world again.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »

Hi.
I haven't visited Mythruna for a while and find that I can't start the Multiplayer game. I've turned off antivirus and firewall and stopped the unresponding Java and tried again, to no avail. I'd love to see that beautiful world again.

Can't start the multiplayer or can't connect to my server?

The server is "down for maintenance" right now... meaning: I had to pull out its graphics card to get another machine to work after our 4 hour power outage the other day.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »

I can't connect to your server. I tried again just now and still have the problem. Is there something I can do on my end?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »

I can't connect to your server. I tried again just now and still have the problem. Is there something I can do on my end?

Not really anything you can do about it until I put a new graphics card in it and turn it on.  Sorry.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »

I hope to do that this weekend.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »

Not really anything you can do about it until I put a new graphics card in it and turn it on.  Sorry.

Inb4 Tamarie breaks into your house, graphics card in hand, and installs it under the cover of night.

And bills you for it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:46:44 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:06 AM »

Haw haw haw!
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:01 PM »

Sigh. Still no multiplayer world in my life. Paul, do you have a new graphics card yet? Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »

Sigh. Still no multiplayer world in my life. Paul, do you have a new graphics card yet? Cheesy

Sorry... I have a graphics card but it's supposed to go in the machine that I do development on since I stole the less powerful one from the Mythruna server to get my dev box running again.

...and I've been too busy coding to want to shut it down.  I will try to get to it this weekend.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »

Okay dokay.
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 05:39:10 AM »

Sorry... I have a graphics card but it's supposed to go in the machine that I do development on since I stole the less powerful one from the Mythruna server to get my dev box running again.

...and I've been too busy coding to want to shut it down.  I will try to get to it this weekend.

a server does not wanna need a graphics card??!! +lol+
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 05:31:37 AM »

Now it also needs a network connection.

The thing is it always seems to be one more thing.  Those who have been following my twitter activity lately can see I've been putting a lot of time into development.  Realistically it will take me a couple hours to get the server functional and connected to the network again... and so far I've been spending that time on development instead.
cHyper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »

Now it also needs a network connection.

The thing is it always seems to be one more thing.  Those who have been following my twitter activity lately can see I've been putting a lot of time into development.  Realistically it will take me a couple hours to get the server functional and connected to the network again... and so far I've been spending that time on development instead.

nice to read that you spend your time on developing the game we all know about it.
hope that the community can test an early alpha version ...
keep up the good work.  Grin

cu cHyper  Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 01:24:38 PM »

So... a sequence of events.

Today I go to start continuing development and my dev box had rebooted itself.  I usually have around 40+ windows open at any time so a system crash like that means 10-15 minutes to get "back to working".

So... since the machine was bare desktop anyway, I decided to power it off and finish the memory upgrade.  This old machine now has 16 gig of RAM (don't laugh).

This meant that I could shuffle the RAM over to the Mythruna server (which won't use it because it's still running a 32 bit OS) and close the case up (finally!).

The last step was hunting down a network cable... and the harder part: finding an open port on the network.  Which I have done.

Bottom line: the Mythruna server is running again at the moment.  I do not know if it is properly accessible from the internet because that was two routers ago and I no longer have a way to test that sort of thing locally.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: