Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 08:04:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTD -> What exactly do you need for info?  (Read 6260 times)
MadJack

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »

I might have provoked that myself. Cheesy

I started around Normen's area and wanted to get back to my own plot, which is pretty far from the main area. So, I used the "don't have to use the W key to move forward bug" (which is: hit TAB while holding W, you'll continue to walk. Even after closing the menu). Then I held SHIFT to run, and pretty much held the jump button too (SPACE). Loading stuff happened a couple of times but I guess at one point it tried to load while it was already loading? Or something similar. Anyway, got to around 2 FPS (w/ FRAPS), nothing happened... ALT-TAB to desktop to check if Mythruna was still "running", it wasn't. Then the game closed by itself.

As a result, I've got several dump files:
client.log
client-1.log
error-1317266905012.log

The first is 2679 KB
Second is 2 KB
Third is: 3424 KB

I obviously won't paste the 2 huge files in here... Tongue

client-1.log doesn't have much. No crash info that I see. Only a nifty warning about missing popup sound. Everyone using jME3 has that I imagine. Wink

So, shall I zip those and attach them here (if they fit after being compressed) or would you prefer if I pasted only certain portions? It's your call.

Btw, I was trying to reproduce something, could be a serious issue but unsure right now, but unfortunately I couldn't get that behavior to happen again.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »

Best is to send them to my e-mail.  I'm pspeed on the mythruna e-mail.  And the mythruna.com domain is the e-mail server.  Hopefully you can put two and two together. Smiley
MadJack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »

Damn that was hard to decipher. That email will be on its way to billgates@microsoft.com any minute now. Tongue lol

Edit: It's gone. Shouldn't take long.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:23:55 PM by MadJack » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »

Ok, as will happen sometimes when rapidly running over the terrain and causing paging... it was getting OutOfMemory errors.  The difference between old Mythruna and newer Mythruna is the newer one does too good of a job catching and logging errors and doesn't let the out of memory error kill the application.

Were you using 192 meter clip by any chance?  Just trying to fully determine the circumstances.
MadJack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:57:15 PM »

Yes. 192. If there would be 256 I'd use that instead. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: