Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:56:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: My Public Server  (Read 99004 times)
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 05:42:52 AM »

So how active is multiplayer at the moment?
I've only really met one person, so now we kinda hang out while building islands connected by a bridge, but that's all.
Once in a while someone logs in, but doesn't respond to any chat messages, or they're new and leave after a minute or so.
Still, I see a lot of buildings and properties around, so where is everybody?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 06:01:26 AM »

So how active is multiplayer at the moment?
I've only really met one person, so now we kinda hang out while building islands connected by a bridge, but that's all.
Once in a while someone logs in, but doesn't respond to any chat messages, or they're new and leave after a minute or so.
Still, I see a lot of buildings and properties around, so where is everybody?

It goes through spurts but it's probably been kind of slow lately since it's been so long since an update.

There used to be quite a few regulars even as recently as a few months ago but I think they finished all of their big projects and are waiting for something new to do.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:22 AM »

Yeah, I've run oout of good space on Iron Island. I started building elsewhere but dont feel comfortable putting a bunch of effort into a griefable project. Plus Im ready to burn it all and start anew in the redesigned engin. Paul, even though i dont post it I think everyday about playing in the new mythruna. I love reading your updates even on the little crap you have been doing. It gives me that "It's right around the corner feeling".It's also good to know you are still at it.  I assume you already know this.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »

Yeah, I've run oout of good space on Iron Island. I started building elsewhere but dont feel comfortable putting a bunch of effort into a griefable project. Plus Im ready to burn it all and start anew in the redesigned engin. Paul, even though i dont post it I think everyday about playing in the new mythruna. I love reading your updates even on the little crap you have been doing. It gives me that "It's right around the corner feeling".It's also good to know you are still at it.  I assume you already know this.

Thanks.

This is a particularly hard stretch.  The work is tedious, extremely detail-oriented, slow-going, etc. while also having such cool potential that it's way more fun to imagine it being done than to actually work on it.  Sort of like digging your own swimming pool by hand.  Standing there with your chin on the shovel, imagining swimming in the nice cool water, is way more short-term satisfying than actually doing the digging.

I also spend a lot of time trying to make the controls feel like they used to even though now it's based on actual physics forces.

By the way, I can give you a new property if you need it.  Or if you already had an extra one then I can expand it.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »

By the way, I can give you a new property if you need it.  Or if you already had an extra one then I can expand it.

About that, how far are property requirements done?
As in, what are the requirements to upgrade/increase property?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »

Right now, the server admin grants additional properties or increases the max limit of property sizes.  On my server, that's me.

I base my decisions to increase size on how close you are to others, etc... and I base my decision to give out towns/cities based on the stuff you've done so far and the location you think you'd want the town.  It was a lot easier when I played more. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »

Right now, the server admin grants additional properties or increases the max limit of property sizes.  On my server, that's me.

I base my decisions to increase size on how close you are to others, etc... and I base my decision to give out towns/cities based on the stuff you've done so far and the location you think you'd want the town.  It was a lot easier when I played more. Smiley
Yea, you need another RESPONSIBLE admin on there, I suggest either BigredRm, or BenKenobiWan
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »

Yea, you need another RESPONSIBLE admin on there, I suggest either BigredRm, or BenKenobiWan

Except these days they're on about as often as I am.

I can grant requests but people have to message me.  So far this is the first request I've had in about 3 or 4 months.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »

Except these days they're on about as often as I am.

I can grant requests but people have to message me.  So far this is the first request I've had in about 3 or 4 months.
Boo.. we need more active people (even I have got unactive on the game because I am in the middle of school, learning programming) I wish you the best of luck for you Paul and your server Smiley
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »

Yeah, I've run oout of good space on Iron Island. I started building elsewhere but dont feel comfortable putting a bunch of effort into a griefable project.

Have you built all the way down underground?
I'm currently in the process of filling up the space underneath my island, and then digging it out to remove the water so I have more building space nearby. I've already done one half, started the other part today.

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »

I'm just being patent for the new engine to go live to do more. I, like many people, will more than likely abandon the old engine. BURN IT PAUL BURN IT! I've been playing lots of other games in the mean time.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Draylon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

been tryin gfor awhile but cant figure out how to let the UDP to let me in  Angry so wanting to play this on multiplayer. get boring all alone out there lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 06:13:39 PM »

been tryin gfor awhile but cant figure out how to let the UDP to let me in  Angry so wanting to play this on multiplayer. get boring all alone out there lol

The server may need to be reset... I'm not in a good position to do it at the moment.  I'll post here maybe tomorrow night if I get a chance to reset it.

...sorry.
ThrudUK

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »

Feel free to use this one :

GAME HOST : mythruna.clearcutgaming.co.uk
PORT : 23456
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 04:45:06 AM »

I was also able to reset my server... so you can try that one too, if you like.

So many choices now. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: