Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 06:07:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Experiencing High Cpu Usage after 20111010 release?  (Read 5016 times)
Freejack

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »

I noticed that the latest release of Mythruna has jumped considerably on the usage scale. It used to run at about 25-45% now it is staying at about 67%. I have checked it with 2 tools so far trying to track down what has caused this increase. This box is a dual core and it appears both cpu's are being used at 60+%. Changed Afinnity to 1 core on the cpu and the usage dropped to 48% and game ran smooth. This is a Windows XP box I game on too, so that may be another thing. I have a few other games I have to set Afinnity on to be able to play. Ok checked it after 2 minutes the 48% is based on both CPU's. The cpu I set Afinnity to is at 100% usage. So I ma gonna run a few test tomorrow when I am more in the place to do this mentally. Trying to weed out the obvious if anyone else has run across this?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »

Running some standard tests on a single player game (if you aren't already) can be a way to weed out other variables.  It will also let you directly compare the old and new versions since the old version will no longer connect to the server.
Freejack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »

This evening didn't have time so I will tomorrow and will post results. RL gets in the way too much........... LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: