Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 12:46:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mythruna "Story"  (Read 93994 times)
Tsuku

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »

Mythruna could simply be an alternative universe that the occasional Earthling is teleported into by means of a ring, a wardrobe, a storybook, or a dream.  These people could be from whatever time period you could think of, from Ancient Mesopotamia to the Modern USA.  Humans would not be native inhabitants of Mythruna, but other species, including dwarves, elves, catpeople, etc., will be native.  Because so many different cultures intermingle in Mythruna, there will be vast varieties of architecture, transportation, and culture in general.  Time will not be consistent with Earth time in Mythruna.  Maybe even inversely proportional.  So in the distant future in Earth Time, Mythruna will be forming.  But at the time of the Earth's formation will be Mythruna's destruction.  Maybe Mythruna, as an alternate universe to that of ours, is almost like a mirror; everything backwards on the time spectrum.  But idk.

Oh yeah, and organisms live a lot longer there; our life expectancy on Earth is approximately 80 years.  But on Mythruna, because it is a more suitable environment for harboring life than Earth, maybe the perfect amount of Solar Radiation, our life expectancy would be 2000 years.

BOOM!
Going nerd on yo' ass!
Someone~ is a fan of Clive Staples Lewis.

And are you hypothesising that the only reason we don't live to be multi-millenial beings is an imperfect quantity of solar radiation..? As opposed to Neural decay and occasional errors in our genetic makeup?

Obvious troll is obvious. Tongue
jfacoustic

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »

Mythruna could simply be an alternative universe that the occasional Earthling is teleported into by means of a ring, a wardrobe, a storybook, or a dream.  These people could be from whatever time period you could think of, from Ancient Mesopotamia to the Modern USA.  Humans would not be native inhabitants of Mythruna, but other species, including dwarves, elves, catpeople, etc., will be native.  Because so many different cultures intermingle in Mythruna, there will be vast varieties of architecture, transportation, and culture in general.  Time will not be consistent with Earth time in Mythruna.  Maybe even inversely proportional.  So in the distant future in Earth Time, Mythruna will be forming.  But at the time of the Earth's formation will be Mythruna's destruction.  Maybe Mythruna, as an alternate universe to that of ours, is almost like a mirror; everything backwards on the time spectrum.  But idk.

Oh yeah, and organisms live a lot longer there; our life expectancy on Earth is approximately 80 years.  But on Mythruna, because it is a more suitable environment for harboring life than Earth, maybe the perfect amount of Solar Radiation, our life expectancy would be 2000 years.

Lol I am definitely a fan of C.S. Lewis, as well as Tolkien.  What kind of fantasy author would I be if I weren't inspired by their works?

And are you hypothesising that the only reason we don't live to be multi-millenial beings is an imperfect quantity of solar radiation..? As opposed to Neural decay and occasional errors in our genetic makeup?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »

Lol I am definitely a fan of C.S. Lewis, as well as Tolkien.  What kind of fantasy author would I be if I weren't inspired by their works?
An author? PM me if you'd like to show me some of your work.
_R_

*cough*deathnote*cough*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

I have to wake up reltivly early so sorry if i'm not typing well  Wink

To Paul Speed: Are you doing procedurly generated worlds? This could help alot with your generated story. Certain races could spawn by certain spawn biome 'climates'. This dosen't mean you need seperate biomes, let's say you make a snowy forest and a regular forest spawns by it. You could add some numbers on the biome depending on what it is near. Example: Let's say the code for a snowy forest is 1500 and a code for a regular forest is 2000; they would average to create 1750 for the near by regular forest. That being said; certain races could spawn in certain biomes. With the number code, the species won't be far apart. Maybe reptilians could spawn in hot biomes and warm regular biomes, and Dwarves could spawn in cold biomes and cool regular biomes. Since reular biomes are proceduraly generated close together, and not on top of each other, races could still fight withought completeley destroying each other.

Now, we can spawn villages like this. Let's say something happens to a village in chunk 1, biome 1. Let's say there are 5 chunks in biome 1. If a house mysteriolsy burnt down in a village in chunk 1, (they say the *whispers* did it) and you ask village 2 in chunk 2 about it, they wouldn't know. But if you added some kind of pre-game script for the villages to follow, they could know about it. If there is a 7% chance this could happen, every other village you see wouldn't be having a burning house propblem. And if another village spawns by the original one, it will know about the incident due to the procedural generation. A certain code should be given to accidents(The dragon! The fire), and it should be very vague. The game should look at the village and say;

'The fire!' happened where. Plot 3, 123,79,456. Plot 3, 123,79,456 blocks regested: blah, blah, blah, dark brown wood. Villagers recognize: the old brown house. 5 villages in proximity. Sending message.....'

That's my idea, anyway. I think there is more I can add on to it. What do you think?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

The world is procedurally generated.  There will be generated towns and cities.  It perhaps does not work exactly the way you imagine, though.

There are no distinct biomes for example...at least not as far as the engine will be concerned.  There will be climates, terrains, etc. that will all vary independently (but not in blocks, in continuous functions) and will combine to create different "biomes" in the earth sense (not in the Minecraft sense).  Hot dry flat large (like sq km or more large) areas will be sandy.  We flat areas will be swampy.  Temperate flat areas will be rolling forest and grassland.  Different plants will grow relative to soil type, temperature, rainfall, and so on.

Anyway, the game world is in balance until players come along.  It's the only realistic way to model an infinite world.  Once the player comes they will potentially set rippling effects into motion but in general the world will try to self-balance again.  If you destroy the town that supplies iron ore to the next town over then that town will eventually start getting its iron ore from the other direction.  I have to limit the "over the horizon effects" or the problem quickly reaches combinatorial explosion.  Somewhere I have experiments posted that I did with how towns interact internally and externally.  They might be in the donator's section... I don't remember.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: