Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 05:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm impressed !!!  (Read 5143 times)
JackDawson

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:14 AM »

I came on here thinking this was going to be like Minecraft. I am sooo glad I was wrong about this. Great job on this game guys !!!

One slight bug I thought you might want to be aware of, when you hit TAB and check out the settings or map or whatever, and you get out of that to go back to playing, it automatically tries to break a block. I was constantly getting the message "You do not have permission to break the block" every time I came out of the map or settings.

Just giving a heads up. But yea, GREAT game so far. I hope to see this finished.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »

Thanks for the kind words... and the heads up.

I'll try to take a look at that as I think I did notice that befoe myself.
xXxGIBBZxXx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »

I do have to say Paul, I love the idea of only having a few multiplayer servers, not hundreds.(like some other games...) It adds the the "always-changing community" feel to Mythruna, and makes it much more fun to play. You can log on and see whats new. If you build something epic, you get lots of feedback. I just wanted to state my feelings on this aspect of the game. So this is half question, half statement. "Will there be a zillion servers? Have you already released software to run your own sever?"
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:37 PM »

Yeah, you can run your own server now.  Instructions are on the wiki.  Someday I'll even have a matching service of some kind.

I think back fondly to the Neverwinter Nights days.  You have maybe 20-30 really good servers out there where people had heavily customized them... then you had "friend servers" where someone would setup specific worlds or campaigns just to play with their friends.

I will probably always run two servers (maybe three).  One like I have now for build only and the other with all RP elements turned on.  Others are welcome to run their own.  I recognize that this may dilute things a bit but on the other hand we may get some really great custom servers out there some day also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: