Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:44:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low FPS  (Read 13155 times)
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »

I am getting low frames per second on both windowed mode and fullscreen, up to 7 fps at the most. I also tried to change around the settings but nothing makes it playable. Any other game on my PC runs just fine, yet I have trouble with Mythruna. Has this kind of problem been solved before?

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:38 AM »

Hello,

What's your resolution? Your Graphic Card? your Ram? And what's your setting on Mythruna?

Thanks

Trecool

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:06:57 AM »

I am getting low frames per second on both windowed mode and fullscreen, up to 7 fps at the most. I also tried to change around the settings but nothing makes it playable. Any other game on my PC runs just fine, yet I have trouble with Mythruna. Has this kind of problem been solved before?

When Mythruna starts it creates a client.log file in the directory where it was run.  The first part of this dumps what Mythruna thinks your hardware configuration is.  This would be tremendously useful in tracking down the issue.

And I especially mention it because recently a user who was playing on a laptop with an nVidia card had really low frame rates.  When he looked at the above information he noticed that his card was reported as an Intel graphics card instead of nVidia.  Turns out the laptop had both graphics cards in it and that for some games (Mythruna included) the wrong one was getting used.

So the information is even more important in that light.
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 06:44:40 AM »

Ok. Resolution 1280x800, though that information is in these attachments.

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »

Take a look at your video card's drivers. I had massive issues with an ATI card, after updating the driver it works like a charm.

Regards
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:09:34 AM »

Take a look at your video card's drivers. I had massive issues with an ATI card, after updating the driver it works like a charm.

I have updated my drivers and there doesn't seem to be any difference, but I'll keep trying to see what I can do.

From Bay12Forums
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »

I think, Vista is the problem. I have a person who have Vista and Mythruna don't run.

Do you have another Operating System for testing with dual boot?

When I have bought my PC, I have directly installed Windows XP.. And Seven after 6 months because I have had freeze and bug with Vista.

But, your client.log is strange because he don't have relation with Vista.. The fourth Warning explain you have a conflict..

PSpeed will help you if he have a idea..

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »

The client.log had no useful information other than the graphics cards.

Those warnings are harmless. I've only left them in at all because it proves the log is working. Tongue
Jeremiah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »

My FPS has been inconsistent and has dropped across the board, with sporadic pauses. I purchased Skyrim for the PC, and have only been able to run it on the lowest settings possible at around 25 fps. My current setup is as follows:
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model   G41MT-D3V
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   Award Software International, Inc. F2, 3/9/2011
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory   6.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory   16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory   13.8 GB
Monitor   24-inch 1920x1080
Hard Drive   1 TB / ~700GB free space
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (512mb)
Memory Size: 4351 MB
Core clock 650 MHz
Memory clock 700 Mhz
I went online and looked up any way possible to speed up my PC. I used GameBooster, CCleaner, TuneUp Utilities (Turbo Mode), as well as getting rid of unused applications and processes such as system restore, search, and just generally cleaning up my computer. I also switched Windows from Aero into Classic Mode (switching off all visual add-ons). I let Catalyst Control Center auto-tune over-clock and set it to the recommended settings.
I opened up Skyrim in 1360x768 resolution with High/Med settings and was reading around 26-27 fps with fraps. I felt like there had been an improvement. However, when I put the settings back down into Low at 1280x720, I was reading 25 fps yet again. I even removed Turbo mode from TuneUp, changed Windows 7 back into "7 Classic" and brought my graphics card back down to its normal clocking. I am still getting readings between 22fps and 31, but inconsistently.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »

Was this in single player or multiplayer?  The spawn area on my server is quite intense because it is overbuilt and spammed with objects.

There are a few quality settings you can try to see if something improves the FPS in Mythruna.
-F12 controls the clip.  Hitting it 3 times should take you down to 64 meter clip (the smallest).  This may or may not have much of an effect depending on what the bottleneck is.
-F8 will turn on "low quality mode" for the shaders.  Much like your experience with Skyrim, sometimes on some hardware low quality mode is actually slower.
-In the chat bar you can type:
/trees low
or:
/flora low

Either of those settings might give back FPS on certain machines.

Also, your display settings matter... if you have AA set to anything but Disabled then it can lower frame rate significantly.  For testing, leave vsync off as it will confuse the true FPS.

When you run, there is a client.log generated with information about your settings and how Mythruna sees your graphics card.  This might be interesting to see here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: