Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 03:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Mythruna runs on Intel Cards?  (Read 19221 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 04:53:17 AM »

Yes it's slow with multiplayer and singleplayer. Multiplayer nearly froze on mine but I got to slip a chat before I left hehe. 64 Meters barely does anything on mine.

The version I uploaded just now will nerf the shaders if you hit F8 (it's pretty ugly but this is just a test).  It turns off per pixel lighting (no really proper lighting at all for that matter) and turns off bump mapping, normal correction, etc... anything I could get away with shutting down.

If this significantly increases your framerate then it gives me something to work with in the future.

Another thing to try, in the single player game go to the bottom of a deep ocean.  If the frame rate goes up dramatically then your GPU may have the same problems that one of my cheap cards does.  I narrowed that down to the number of textures... shrinking them didn't help at all.  I will have to go with a texture atlas to improve those cases and that is something I'm pushing off until after alpha.
Mythstery

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 07:05:34 AM »

i have an intel card , so.. wont work for me.. Cry well ill have to wait for a new pc - that could be years...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

i have an intel card , so.. wont work for me.. Cry well ill have to wait for a new pc - that could be years...

You tried it and it didn't work?  Or are you going by these other posts?

If you tried it and the application generated an error log (error-somenumber.log) then maybe you can post it here for future reference.  It's unlikely but maybe some breakthrough happens someday.
Mythstery

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »

well i'm going by other posts . I struggle to run basic 3d programs but when i have more time i will try it out for myself.

also , im thinking of migrating over to linux , maybe ubuntu or something like it . Will this game have support for that?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »

also , im thinking of migrating over to linux , maybe ubuntu or something like it . Will this game have support for that?

Yeah, this game runs fine on Linux... assuming the hardware issues are sorted out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: