Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 01:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Mythruna runs on Intel Cards?  (Read 19235 times)
scorch

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »

Hi. A friend of mine want's to play Mythruna on is laptop, however, he doesn't have a graphics card, only an integrated intel card.
When he tries to play Mythruna, the game doesn't lauches (after he clicks Ok on the display settings window).

I just can't upload the error log because it's too big (more than 1 MB). However, it seems something about shaders and OpenGL 2.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 02:01:49 PM »

Mythruna does use some advanced OpenGL features including shaders, non power of two textures, etc..

If you have an error-123456.log then you don't need to post the whole thing.  Just up to the end of the first exception is probably enough.

...but yeah, the mobile intel graphics tends to be far enough behind the curve that Mythruna will be unplayable.  An error log could verify that for sure.  Perhaps making sure the drivers are up to date, etc..  But on the jMonkeyEngine forums, complaints from intel GPU users are common.
Sad
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »

Is this enough? Smiley
Code:
Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:202)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:136)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:173)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDis

Anyway, I'll tell that to my friend. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »

Yep, that's enough.  Mythruna definitely requires GLSL and OpenGL2... it is unlikely that will change.  Sorry.

There has to be _some_ minimum line in the sand, and that's sort of it here.  Sad
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »

Well my notebook has 2 grafics cards. One is the intel integrated and one is an ATI. There is a hardware button to switch the cards. The Intel card does work but has a horrible performance.
You could try to update the drivers but I personally don't think the performance will be good if you get it working.
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »

If you have a integrated graphics card. You will have less performance than a independent graphic card..
On a notebook, it's not possible to run Mythruna if you don't have a gamer PC or a Mac. Or you will have few FPS with it..
On a desktop computer, you can buy a graphic card to 60-100 dollars and Mythruna will run with no problem I think

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »

Infact Mythruna does run on intel cards. I have Intel Core duo and I only get like 1-0 fps but then I tried a little trick to get it to at least 3-5 fps Grin . I think it only runs due to compatability with graphics cards. My graphics card cannot support certain things newer than its age. I have a 2005 Dell XPS, 2gb's of ram 2.05, Intel Core 2CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, Windows XP with a GeForce Go 7950 GTX/PCl/SSE2 Graphics card... I posted my trick on the forums though. Also I can play certain highly detailed games Grin . (Fallout3,Skyrim,S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of pripyat,Burnout paradise (Awesome FPS with burnout))

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »

That's nice to know.

Is that FPS with both single player and multiplayer?  The frame rate will be really bad at the spawn location in multiplayer because of all of the over building.  My FPS goes to about 1/3rd normal around spawn town.  (I get 150 FPS or better around the world but in spawn town at default clip it goes down to 50 or 60)

Also, F12 controls the clip and if you hit it three times it will reduce clip to 64 meters.  This helps some people get a few more frames.
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

Hmmm.. When we start a application with the Command. The Application works with a high priority, no?
If you increase the priority, the game run much better than a application with a normal priority.

To check..

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »

And note: priority should only matter if you have other things running on your computer using all of the CPU.

...but maybe modern Windows is stealing CPU cycles for no good reason?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:10:42 PM »

That's nice to know.

Is that FPS with both single player and multiplayer?  The frame rate will be really bad at the spawn location in multiplayer because of all of the over building.  My FPS goes to about 1/3rd normal around spawn town.  (I get 150 FPS or better around the world but in spawn town at default clip it goes down to 50 or 60)

Also, F12 controls the clip and if you hit it three times it will reduce clip to 64 meters.  This helps some people get a few more frames.

Yes it's slow with multiplayer and singleplayer. Multiplayer nearly froze on mine but I got to slip a chat before I left hehe. 64 Meters barely does anything on mine.

EDIT: Also what type of computer/laptop do you have? I don't understand how someone can get 50-60 in Mythruna.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:12:45 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 02:08:56 PM »

EDIT: Also what type of computer/laptop do you have? I don't understand how someone can get 50-60 in Mythruna.

And note that that's slow.  I get as much as 200 FPS in some areas.  A few others also have pretty decent frame rates and maybe they can add their responses.

My graphics card is a GTX460.  It was about $199 eight months ago.  This is in a workstation.  My old work laptop would average about 50 FPS around the world in Mythruna... and that was running an nvidia mobile quadro of some kind.  I haven't tried the new laptop yet but I'd hope it would be better.

My old workstation has an older GTX 9800 (many years old) and from spawn in a newly generated world would get 70 FPS or so.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »

Note: in this next release, I'm adding a "low quality" mode for the shaders as a test.  It's not a proper implementation because it doesn't calculate vertex lighting correctly and completely turns off fog/attenuation... but it will let me know if this is even an avenue worth pursuing.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »

:S im not sure what your all saying but my laptop is really a piece of shit it cost $700 and i think its intel its got a sticked saying intenl core i3 and here are my computers thingys
Manufacturer:TOSHIBA
Processor:   Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory:   4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:   500 GB
Video Card:   ATI Mobility Radeon HD             4500/5100       Series

but im not geting any problems is it just because its a relativity new laptop

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »

It all comes down to the graphics card, I guess.

When people wonder if it runs on "an intel chip" they mean the intel GPU.  I actually just noticed that I don't think Moonkey told us what graphics card his system has... unless I missed it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: