Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric System in Blueprints :D  (Read 7575 times)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

Well I was thinking of the electric system mentioned in the previous post, and I had a great idea for an electric system. Minecraft has the problem of having Redstone (Electric) Circuits that take up more room then the first computer man kind built, and that was just for a 4 digit combolock. My idea includes a new blueprints kind of thing except with circuits and the ending result would be tiny and end up the size of a chip and will do the same work as a 50x50 combo lock Grin. Might post images later. (And also can we put a password on our blue prints?!)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »

That's pretty close to how it will be.  I'll post more about it at a later date.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »

The idea behind the circuits is definitely to be able to shrink things down.  After all, it's these sorts of devices that will power the wands and provide the plugin "chips" to give you special abilities.

I'm still working out exactly how the circuits will work but they will be based on elemental magic energies that behave like light in the circuits.  Black marble, sand, and glass will be important components for insulating, combining, and reflecting these energies in various ways.

I'm working from memory, but some of the elemental magics will be things like: life (which is actually a class of energy and each living thing has a slightly different frequency), water, fire, spirit/ethereal, electricity, gravity, light, etc..  And each of those would have different gems or crystals that could be used to generate, remove, or transform magic energies.  So maybe you could make a solar powered device that generates water (in fact you will since that's how a player would make their own spring)... or a life force powered device to give you some ability like flying.

The player characters have a special magic aura that NPCs do not possess... because player characters are not from the world.  So most NPCs won't be able to use the same magic devices the players will.  Well, certainly some will never be usable by a standard NPC.

I change my mind about some of the details sometimes and I'm not sure how flexible I can get without killing the engine.  But we'll see.  It's all pen and paper dreaming at the moment and may turn out to be impossible as written above... in which case I will fall back on something simpler... though hopefully not as simple as preset recipes. Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »

...but for example, your combination lock that only you can open could be as simple as a circuit where you've used a crystal to store a bit of your unique life energy.  When you touch the lock, these energies are combined and if they match then they trigger the lock and send some of the life energy back into the storage crystal.

The fun part is that in theory, someone who knew this could secretly capture some of your energy ("Here, hold my dagger for a second.") and somehow use it to open a lock... Then maybe you are paranoid and require a specific set of tiny energies to be sent too... in some sequence that a special wand sends out (fire, fire, water, light, fire, life)... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Wink
Ragor005

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 12:54:29 AM »

nice idea, and i like the blueprints with passwords Cheesy
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:55 PM »

Yes! you should defiantly add a way to steal Energy or power from a player, but make it impossible to 100% lock a lock from other people... Maybe make a set of spells Cheesy so if I use high level spells only Smiley newbs can't even try. Also make a Wifi kind of thing for the electric system Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:19:59 AM »

Spirit magic/crystals are for wi-fi.  Whatever energy signatures you pump in come out of all spirit crystals in the world... then you can use crystals/circuits to filter and trigger on specific frequencies.  At least that's the design at this point.  It may turn out a little differently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: