Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 11:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did this method work for you?
Yes (Large Or Small Amount Of FPS Gained) - 2 (66.7%)
No (No FPS Gained) - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mythruna FPS problem (Doesn't always work)  (Read 21816 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »

I found out the oldest version on the wiki has a max fps of 30-20 FPS. *Grabs a newer version* Ok version 20110415 runs the same as the newest version... What went wrong between those versions (Oldest version to 20110415)... Even though I took a huge step through versions.

I've gone over the changelogs again.  If you ever feel like testing specific versions, it might be interesting to try:

Then move forward to:

If this slows things down the it might have been grass and clouds.  If it's not slow then...

...if moving to:

Then it might have been nifty integration.  I try to nerf nifty when the game is running and no screens are up but you never know.

Regarding the lighting problems... that has to be display driver related.  If your card is using the unified nvidia drivers then your drivers look quite old.  For example, on my card the drivers are:
Driver Version:6.14.12.7061
Version:4.1.0
Renderer:GeForce GTX 460/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
GLSL Ver:4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Maybe the different card lines have different drivers but it's still something to look at.  You are the first to complain about lighting not working.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »

My first concern was with you upgrading to JME 3... I tried it out and the fps went lower when generating leafs... Strange... I'll explore deeper into this mysterious mystery  Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »

Last night I added some commands for nerfing the trees and flora.  Realistically, the tree nerfing is the only one that will save people any FPS and still be a not-totally-ugly game.  And it was a feature request from way back after I added the nice new leafy trees.

This will go into the next version... basically there is a new command:
/trees low

Will set trees to low quality which means all trees (including pine trees) will be rendered with the old ugly green sponge blocks.  This is considerably less geometry and will definitely increase FPS for some people.

Given that you have other problems and that just looking at a wall is slow... I'm not sure it will help in your case.  But I think the display drivers you run are old and buggy until I hear otherwise.  Smiley  Lighting should work fine, for example.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »

Last night I added some commands for nerfing the trees and flora.  Realistically, the tree nerfing is the only one that will save people any FPS and still be a not-totally-ugly game.  And it was a feature request from way back after I added the nice new leafy trees.

This will go into the next version... basically there is a new command:
/trees low

Will set trees to low quality which means all trees (including pine trees) will be rendered with the old ugly green sponge blocks.  This is considerably less geometry and will definitely increase FPS for some people.

Given that you have other problems and that just looking at a wall is slow... I'm not sure it will help in your case.  But I think the display drivers you run are old and buggy until I hear otherwise.  Smiley  Lighting should work fine, for example.

On mine making trees ugly... Doesn't help FPS. Making grass turn into blocks... Hrmm LOTS BETTER! Also my drivers are up-to-date or so my Graphics card says... My graphics card isn't even compatible with DirectX 10 so it's a really... I'd say OLD graphics card... But it's worth it. Using F8 to change shaders fixes the lighting problem so the ugly shaders aren't really ugly. It's fine. *stares at trees* You don't effect my fps with your needly ways...   Cool

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »

That's bizarre.  I assume you waited for all of the ** Loading ** to finish.

The trees are way more resource intense than the grass... and the only difference is that the grass moves.  Maybe when I finally make the trees blow in the wind we can see if that kills your performance also. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 03:46:20 AM »

That's bizarre.  I assume you waited for all of the ** Loading ** to finish.

The trees are way more resource intense than the grass... and the only difference is that the grass moves.  Maybe when I finally make the trees blow in the wind we can see if that kills your performance also. Smiley
Nope I don't have to sit on the loading screen... "Loading: 1" *Presses enter* *types /flora low* "Loading: 3" *loads really fast* Yay to chat while loading!
Also my graphics card is BARELY compatible with GLSL 2.0... SO I have 2.1 Wink . Im very happy i'm compatible with this game! I also had to type all this in on the 3DS (Nintendo). *gets off the internet on the 3DS and plays Mario Kart 7* gah it's late... I'll go to sleep instead...

B. Davenport

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »

Mythruna only draws the visible faces.  It could be a texture issue.  It could be a bus issue.  It could just be that my per-pixel lighting is killing your shader engine. Smiley

The shader issue is the most likely since reducing clip didn't help.  Someday I will create an "ugly mode" to try to optimize for lower end cards... but I'm focusing on features now.  If I take long enough then maybe everyone will already be upgraded. Wink

Minecraft apparently runs worse than Mythruna now on some computers.  So it's hard to say what they are doing.  The older versions were faster but also had only flat shaded vertex-based lighting.  I haven't played it in a long time so I don't know if that has changed or not.

The texture size is probably a main reason on low fps but another is calculating lighting every second. But since the "Magic lights" don't display lighting (No light is coming out of them) It's all on my graphics card because when I tried dead island the cheap flashlight doesn't turn on in the sewers. My graphics card is half way up on the chain of good graphics cards (It actually is... I checked  Smiley ).
Also the Ugly mode sounds nice. Having lower textures might help ALOT. Question: Does Mythruna use antialiasing??? I haven't looked but if it does i'm pinning FPS issues on that  Tongue . Also, Minecraft has new lighting. It's "Smoothed".

Edit: What you said on the first comment "If that did/does work then I wonder what other things your computer was doing that stole CPU." It didn't just change the priority, Or I think it didn't. Whatever it did it gave me a chance to actually walk around xD . And, It is an integrated GPU. It sits ontop of the motherboard and the cooling is very poor (HUGE design flaw there) so I have to use a support usb fan on the bottom.
[/quote]

Yes may be you are right and i have to fegaure out this. you are quite god with the elaboration.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:10:42 AM by B. Davenport » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »

Just to clarify, there are no lights in Mythruna.  All lighting is baked into the geometry.

If you don't see light then your graphics card is very broken and/or needs a driver upgrade.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: