Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:57:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat Prototype Stuff  (Read 70844 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:30:54 AM »

I'm just going to post random stuff to this thread as it occurs rather than create a new thread.  If it gets too big then I'll split it out... but that also means I've been somewhat successful.  Perhaps too much to hope for just yet. Wink

Anyway, If anyone is curious, I've put my stripped down world up as a server.  Because I haven't implemented anything new on it yet, it is still accessible from the current client.

If any of you wanted to login and explore the arena just for fun, you can connect to the same standard mythruna game-host host but with port 4244 instead of 4234.   See what I did there? Wink

I've copied the user database over so any existing logins will be there.  So you'll probably start in some odd location. 

To get to the arena just type: ~respawn
in the chat bar.

There really is nothing to do except for run around.  I'll reset the database when I have a real combat client to test and the block editing has been disabled.
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:33 AM »

Very good work. Beautiful structure. Just misses a light in the external towers when the night is here.  And.. When I climb on "stairs" , I have remarked that the speed run is a little too slowly I think. Just accelerate it a little will be perfect.
It's a detail Smiley
Good Job !

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »

We'll see... I kind of left them dark on purpose.  When I started creating this, it was only to prototype combat but then I thought of about 6 or 7 other things I could prototype with this... one of which would be player-carried lights. (when I get to that)

If by speed you mean running speed... the speed is the same as in the regular game.  I tried to create a world with lots of different types of "terrain" areas for combat.  So we have large flat open spaces, broad stairs, winding staircases, low and high tunnels, etc..

Now I just have to get the custom client running and I can start actually prototyping.  The endless process of getting ready. Wink
Trecool
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:01:48 AM »

Ok, It's really a prototype.. For test, imagine etc.. So, no problem for light. A monster will say "Waaaaaaazzaaah" when we enter in tower. For Christmas, it's good Cheesy

For Speed Running, the "too slowly" is for Mythruna in general. Since the "Autoclimb", I think that is a little too slowly when we run everywhere..
I have compare with another game like Portal, CoD, Counter strike, Minecraft.. Mythruna is more slowly than Portal for the speed running. And portal il a "Puzzle game" in multiple room..We don't run everytime..
It's not severe..That's a detail among others.. Just a remark.. I don't care personally

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »

In Mythruna, players walk at 3 meters/sec and run at 4.5 meters/sec.  Both of which are pretty fast for a human since in real life 3 meter/second is a pretty good jog.  I originally set the speed based on Minecraft. 

I have to be careful because if you run too fast then you will outrun the terrain paging.  I will probably tweak it in the future but it will be when the game is closer to done.  I need to balance it because certain races will be able to run faster and slower.  So more systems need to be in place.

Also, eventually there will be a fatigue system and in that case I may be able to increase the run speed because the player won't be able to run forever without having to slow down and rest eventually.
Trecool
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »

3 meters/sec 0_0
That's good.. The other games are too fast xD
So, my remark is bad..
Thanks for your precision

ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »

Can't wait to see what's next Cheesy.

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 02:30:33 PM »

I was exploring a bit in the server and while attempting to get up on the tower I found a kewl gitch Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »

I was exploring a bit in the server and while attempting to get up on the tower I found a kewl gitch Cheesy

What glitch?
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »

It's an elevator (MW2) kind of glitch
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »

It's an elevator (MW2) kind of glitch

I hope we can still be friends after I say this... but I've never played MW2 before. Smiley  But if there's a glitch in Mythruna, I'd like to know about it.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »

haha i found it, go to the botem of the main middle tower start climbing it then go over to the parts with the block with the lamp in it and u destroy the block and get in it so ur glitched into the block since they regrow when u destroy one. so then u jump and wriggle around and it pushes u up the tower. i think this is what hes talking about Smiley

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

Ah, the real prototype client doesn't even have a block tool... to it won't be an issue.  Besides, this is just a test.

I was just making sure there wasn't a physics collision bug.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »

yea haha i was just leting you know what i think he was talking about

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 11:21:12 PM »

Naw... That isn't it... But I'm sure you'll fix it automatically without even knowing it Smiley And it's all right that you've never played MW2... But to see what I'm talking about look up "Elevator Glitch" on youtube or something
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: