Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:01:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat Prototype Stuff  (Read 70791 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:00:28 AM »

I watched two videos.  I'm still not sure how it relates in this case.  The ones I watched had a guy way up in the sky looking down on the world.

...there's really no way that can happen in Mythruna unless you flew an object or you stopped moving altogether (and even then I don't know how you'd get into the sky.)

Otherwise, with the recent physics changes, if you jump you can catch a ledge at eye level and slowly pull yourself up.  The bug in this case is that you can still jump almost 2 meters in the air and catch a 3 meter high ledge.  Even worse, if you jump by a one meter high ledge you get vaulted a little higher and you can sometimes grab a 4 meter high ledge.

I tried to construct this area so that you couldn't get out but maybe there is still a way to grab the low balconies if you stand just right next to the windows.  (because of another bug, the glass to stone seam acts like a ledge for the purposes of jumping... though in this world there is a ceiling to block jumps.)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »

Well... I don't go into the sky... I just go up Cheesy as far as a circumstances will allow Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »

You mean climbing or something else?
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »

he means forcing himself into the wall and being shot up

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 12:35:32 AM »

he means forcing himself into the wall and being shot up

And it's the "forcing himself into a wall" that concerns me.  If he did without clicking a block then I need to know how to recreate it.  It's not supposed to be possible now.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »

I actually did place a block... Sort of... Making video will post link soon Cheesy
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYPXNZyCFo There ya go
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »

That's not a glitch, it's supposed to do that.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »

Nah, he's taking advantage of the fact that the combat prototype briefly lets you place blocks... and that the game in general still lets you place blocks where you are standing.  And in climb mode, you shoot up through blocks you find yourself inside.

So if you place a block at your feet while standing in a doorway, you go shooting up in the air.

It's funny because I made the tunnel and the ladder back up just in case someone figured out a way to bust out. Smiley
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »

Cheesy, but yeah... I'm sure you would have fixed it yourself without even knowing it...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »

Cheesy, but yeah... I'm sure you would have fixed it yourself without even knowing it...

I had to be sure, though.  In this case, it's a work around to keep people from accidentally destroying the world that makes it look like another "bug/feature" is a different bug. Smiley
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »

Does physics affect the combat? Or is your recent video just completely unrelated to the arena?

I hunger for information! HUNGER!!!

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »

I'm trying to prototype some ideas where physics _definitely_ affects the combat.  I have to get the proper control scheme worked out and that's what the prototype is for.

I had to implement a lot more physics than I'd originally intended just to prototype these interface elements, though.  So the side-effect is that real physics gets that much closer to game inclusion.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »

Nah, he's taking advantage of the fact that the combat prototype briefly lets you place blocks... and that the game in general still lets you place blocks where you are standing.  And in climb mode, you shoot up through blocks you find yourself inside.

So if you place a block at your feet while standing in a doorway, you go shooting up in the air.

It's funny because I made the tunnel and the ladder back up just in case someone figured out a way to bust out. Smiley

I meant the regular game does that, too, and so it's not a glitch, just, as you said, you can still place blocks.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:30:13 AM »

In that server is sorta is... but whatever...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: