Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 06:45:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat Prototype Stuff  (Read 70851 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »

Sunjammer has it right.

The in-game manifestation of items will be similar to the player made "block" objects except at a smaller scale.  There may also be some curve modifiers for things like scimitars/katanas... and to do the flexing of a bow.

When I figure out exactly what scale and have added some more block types, I'll post some sample pics, maybe.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »

Why can't I connect to the server??? Sad It seems pretty cool, but I want to see it myself D:
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

Why can't I connect to the server??? Sad It seems pretty cool, but I want to see it myself D:

I took it offline a while ago.  I'll put it back up when there is more to show.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »

When will there be more news about the combat prototype? I don't know much about it, except when you talked about it on the server. And will there be a separate download for this? Or will it come with the normal game?

Another question would be, is the Main server going to always be Build? And will there be another Main Server (Hosted by you) for Game Mode, or Combat Prototype?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »

When will there be more news about the combat prototype? I don't know much about it, except when you talked about it on the server. And will there be a separate download for this? Or will it come with the normal game?

The combat prototype is on hold while I get some other stuff working.  With a working AI and object scripting system, motivated scripters could essentially implement basic combat and other things in the standard point-and-click RPG style... probably long before I've finished the real combat (if they were so motivated).  And AI is important for other reasons anyway so I will get at least a prototype of that working first.

There will probably be a publicly released separate combat prototype before it is incorporated into the main game.  It lets me try things out in a smaller setting.  Though, if full physics makes it into the main engine first then there is no reason to hold back really.

Another question would be, is the Main server going to always be Build? And will there be another Main Server (Hosted by you) for Game Mode, or Combat Prototype?

The current public server will always be a build server.  Too much has been built there to properly support an RPG game.  I will set up a second server when the RPG game elements are far enough along.  By then that may require registered accounts, though (ie: people who have donated).  The current server is planned to remain free.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: