Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 10:03:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you like one?
Yes - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Suggestion thread.  (Read 14579 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »

I was thinking of an idea but I just forgot it now  Cry . Anyway today I was looking around the categories and didn't find one with "Suggestions". I wonder if it would be a good idea to have suggestions from the community on certain things. Like a certain item, or a stat that needs to be added. It would be nice to have a suggestions type thing!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »

I agree that we will need one eventually.  I always feel like the game is still too small so far to get good suggestions.  Though I guess since I've at least posted a roadmap now, I can at least point to that sometimes if things are already planned.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »

That does make sense... We'll have to wait until the game becomes "Noticed" and until you are nearing completion of the game (80% maybe 75%). Maybe we'll see other people out there with good ideas  Wink .

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »

I'll open a suggestions thread before then, probably.

When all of the main/greedy systems are in, I'll be preparing for alpha.  In the process of preparing for alpha, I will put out a more detailed list of features in some kind of loose roadmap.  Somewhere during that process it will be appropriate to start taking suggestions or whatever.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:24 AM »

so lets paul spam with ideas-threads and pms in the meantime. Just as it is now Cheesy
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »

I also have a question... Will the last release before alpha be free? Just wondering because I don't have any money to buy games xD

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:48 AM »

I also have a question... Will the last release before alpha be free? Just wondering because I don't have any money to buy games xD

I don't know.  It might be alpha is just something I "turn on" one day... but more likely there would be some preparation development that goes into the official alpha release.

This is all some time off yet, though.  And given that I want the current free public server to remain free even after alpha, I will have to some juggling with the release and plug-ins... I have not figured out exactly how that will work just yet.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

So is your plan on alpha to have one part for paid people and one part for people who didn't? Like for the people who didn't buy it and they want alpha you can get the free version? For example, BlockadeRunner (Company: ZanMGT) has the full version and a lite version. Will it be like that?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

I think it kind of has to be or the current public server won't be able to get any updates at all.

Note: I reserve the right to change my mind. Smiley  But I want to have some way for people to try a limited version of the game before buying.

Play the game to see if it will run and you like it.  See the game trailers to be like "Hey, where are my dragons?"  Pay money to get the RPG goodness.  etc.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »

Hehe. Make your dragons harder than on skyrim :3... I played on skyrim and everytime I see a dragon I say "Oh may gawd" and I think i'm going to die. But they're actually REALLY easy. I just get scared  Grin . Make em' hard!  Cheesy

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »

Dragons in Mythruna are supposed to be impossible to kill, basically.  I will define them within the rules of the engine but my goal is to have it so even I don't know exactly how to kill them.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Will we be able to do like 5 people all attacking the dragon in say a multiplayer world or will it always be 1v1 against the dragon

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »

Will we be able to do like 5 people all attacking the dragon in say a multiplayer world or will it always be 1v1 against the dragon

Yes, to ganging up.

I think some combination of that and really powerful magic may be the only way to kill one.  We might even have to drop a mountain on it or something.

There may be some kinds of magic that require multiple people to use, also... to feed enough life energy into it.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »

haha ok cool say if someone became insanly powerfull could you make it so that we could like not kill it just imprison it and have it living under our house or something haha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »

haha ok cool say if someone became insanly powerfull could you make it so that we could like not kill it just imprison it and have it living under our house or something haha

So far, I have not invented a material that would hold a dragon... and I'm not sure I intend to. Wink

...which isn't to say there won't be some kind of lesser dragons wandering around as normal creatures that you could trap or (wouldn't it be cool if) fly.  But those lesser-dragons would be much smaller, not smart, and not magic.  More like giant flying lizards.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: